Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for tactical boots

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The salomon boots are hard to beat. Very hard to beat. I have Danner and Kenetreck but the Salomons for the dollar...

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    The salomon boots are hard to beat. Very hard to beat. I have Danner and Kenetreck but the Salomons for the dollar...

PB
    I second Salomons, I found a cheap pair of non-military style Salomons in 2018 at a local Shoe store for $80 bucks and they have been my go to moderate to warm weather hiking boots for the last 4 years and they are just now showing signs of wear around the toebox, great boots for the money
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am a big fan of Merrell Moab’s as well. Wore a pair of the ventilated lows in Africa for a year and they were great! Have a pair of waterproof mids now and have no complaints.

If you don’t need waterproof or goretex you can find them for a pretty decent price.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0331 View Post
    I am a big fan of Merrell Moab’s as well. Wore a pair of the ventilated lows in Africa for a year and they were great! Have a pair of waterproof mids now and have no complaints.

If you don’t need waterproof or goretex you can find them for a pretty decent price.
    Keep your eye on Sportsman's Warehouse for good deals on Moabs. I love mine and wear them until the bitter end of their useful life lol.
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I really like my Lowa Zephry Mid boots. Lightweight and very durable. I've had 3 pair over the last 15 years or so. They are a bit expensive but you can find them on sale.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Bates are good for me. Nice and light, very comfy, no break in needed. I wear them when boarding ships from a moving pilot vessel via a rope ladder. I wear them hunting in Texas winters as well as in the Texas heat sometimes. I just got back from Winter Park, CO where I wore them daily in 3 degree snowy days while snowmobiling, tubing and trecking around town and whatnot. No complaints.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Keep your eye on Sportsman's Warehouse for good deals on Moabs. I love mine and wear them until the bitter end of their useful life lol.
    Maybe you've had a different experience but Merrells quality fell off a cliff post mid 2010's. My Moabs purchased before 2010 saw some pretty hard use and lasted a long time and when I went to purchase a replacement they lasted half as long under the same use, never bought another pair of Merrells ever again.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Maybe you've had a different experience but Merrells quality fell off a cliff post mid 2010's. My Moabs purchased before 2010 saw some pretty hard use and lasted a long time and when I went to purchase a replacement they lasted half as long under the same use, never bought another pair of Merrells ever again.
    Well, yeah
    I don't consider them to be top of the line boots but I have been satisfied based on price to durability & comfort
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I'd tend to agree with this. I have a few pairs of Merrells and it doesn't seem like the quality is on par with what it used to be, but they're still decent for the price.

Salomons on the other hand have been rock solid for me, i have both waterproof GTX pairs, and breathable pairs, and they've held up great to hundreds of SAR callouts, hunting, hiking etc., in extreme environments. I have a hard time buying anything else these days

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast