Thread: FN 509 LS EDGE

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)

FN 509 LS EDGE

Well, here we go,, I thought that after buying my Staccato P my pistol buying days were thought, the force is strong with this one, LOL Any thoughts or ideal with this one guys? I can find tons of Youtubers loving it and I once had an FN-S in 9mm and really loved it, just sold it for another itch but now the FN itch is back! Just wondering if anyone has real-time experience with this one. Thanks for any thoughts. A big plus is I am heading South on the 23rd of this month down to Atlanta to visit my cousin and I told him I want to hit a few FFLs with indoor ranges and maybe get some hands-on one for some range time. No rush on getting one but it's in my thoughts, LOL
    https://fnamerica.com/products/fn-50...n-509-ls-edge/

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    LOL, well I guess I see what everyone thinks of FNs,,, no biggy the urge has passed.

Feedback Score
    Seems overpriced by about $1000.00.

Feedback Score
    They can actually be purchased for about $1,100 + tax + shipping + transfer. That's still several hundred too much in my opinion.

When you come down to Atlanta, go to Adventure Outdoors. It's huge. They don't generally have the best prices, but they have a ton of inventory.

Feedback Score
    I have owned a bunch of 509s. I really enjoy their ergonomics and shootability but the design of the trigger system, striker, and that awful forward pin really makes it hard to get behind as a platform. For a striker gun, I prefer more simplicity and choose the m2.0 as my platform of choice.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Seems overpriced by about $1000.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    They can actually be purchased for about $1,100 + tax + shipping + transfer. That's still several hundred too much in my opinion.

When you come down to Atlanta, go to Adventure Outdoors. It's huge. They don't generally have the best prices, but they have a ton of inventory.
    Ha, that's a good one Ron3. For what they are all dam handguns are overpriced but then that's another story, LOL Oh yea Bret, I hear ya, I wouldn't pay that much for one, I have a place that has them in stock @ around the $1100 price tag plus like ya say, Tax, etc. I believe shipping could be free, I would double-check if I decided to move on one. My guy transfers for $35 so not terrible. That's the trouble I have not shot the 509, I had an FNS and really liked it & that trigger was pretty good. I'll think about it and hopefully, handle one down in Hotlanta and decide after that. I will let my cousin know about Adventure Outdoors so he can look it up, he lives in Roswell so he will see how far we are from it. Ya certainly can't go wrong with the S&W keene1bj, they're a favorite among many. Well, I'm in no rush so if something comes up or changes, I'll let ya know guys. Thanks for the thoughts & ideas.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The hinged trigger on the standard 509 is ok to meh but the LS Edge has an aftermarket flat face trigger. The real head scratcher though is why they made the pull so heavy! It can go up to nearly seven pounds on a competition style gun. It makes no sense.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    The hinged trigger on the standard 509 is ok to meh but the LS Edge has an aftermarket flat face trigger. The real head-scratcher though is why they made the pull so heavy! It can go up to nearly seven pounds on a competition-style gun. It makes no sense.
    LOL, yea I hear ya,kinda funny, ya watch one Goober Tuber and they LOVE the trigger, and then watch another and they say what you are saying, kinda so so. And jeeezzz ya take a check over @ the FN Forum and all kinda complaints and shit pops up,, LOL I can say I am "over" it, so maybe its just time for another Glock,,LOL Thanks guys for all the input.