Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Savage 10FP-LE2

Feedback Score

Savage 10FP-LE2

My MOA rifle. It could probably do sub if I do my part right, which doesn't happen a whole lot. I have it zeroed for 200 yards. Other two pics are kinda large, so I'll link them.

http://www.razoreye.net/pictures/sav_side.JPG
    http://www.razoreye.net/pictures/scope.JPG
    -Razoreye

Feedback Score
    Very nice rifle, I have a savage 10FP in .308 and 223 both have duramax stocks on them. For the money you can't beat a Savage, the accuracy of these rifles are great. Both of mine shoot atleast MOA or better. I'm thinking about getting one in 243 aswell, just have to make sure the funds are there.

From,
    Joe....

Feedback Score
    I just picked up a new 10FPHS in 308 this morning and hope to at least get MOA out of it. Will be trying it out this weekend if all goes well. I really like the accu-trigger and the stock but the action in no where near as smooth as an old second hand Sako 270 that I picked up several years back... Brand new at prcision shooting so I am hopefull that I can some potential out of this new gun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FM18
    I just picked up a new 10FPHS in 308 this morning and hope to at least get MOA out of it. Will be trying it out this weekend if all goes well. I really like the accu-trigger and the stock but the action in no where near as smooth as an old second hand Sako 270 that I picked up several years back... Brand new at prcision shooting so I am hopefull that I can some potential out of this new gun
    I got mine used. The action was smooth. I have no idea how many rounds went through it but the barrel's prime might be gone. It's still good enough for me though. The scope was slightly crooked and it has been bothering me so I straightened it up. I hope that would not throw off my zero, I haven't had a chance to check it yet.
    -Razoreye

Feedback Score
    Just wondering but why is there a cloths at the end of the barrel? Does that help keep moisture out of the barrel? I've been having some problems with my bolt guns having some minor rust in them in the summer time or warm weather conditions, so I'm just wondering what else I could do to help prevent that from happening.

Thanks,
    Joe....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fly223
    Just wondering but why is there a cloths at the end of the barrel? Does that help keep moisture out of the barrel? I've been having some problems with my bolt guns having some minor rust in them in the summer time or warm weather conditions, so I'm just wondering what else I could do to help prevent that from happening.
    The crown of the muzzle is critical in a precision rifle. It's the last thing the bullet "sees" as it exits the barrel. Damage to the crown will have a detrimental effect on accuracy. When you set your rifle down, it's not a bad idea to have something over the muzzle to protect it. A number of the nylon gear companies make dedicated muzzle covers. I would personally prefer something a bit more sturdy than cloth, but that's better than nothing.

On the rust... First off, make sure you're cleaning your rifle properly after use, and applying a protectant. If the area in which they are stored is damp 1) find a new area to store them that isn't damp, 2) get a dessicant (sp?) block or GoldenRod dehumidifier for the cabinet/safe.

Feedback Score
    Great thanks for info. I'll just in on some of the dehumidifiers this afternoon.

Thanks,
    Joe....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yrac
    The crown of the muzzle is critical in a precision rifle. It's the last thing the bullet "sees" as it exits the barrel. Damage to the crown will have a detrimental effect on accuracy. When you set your rifle down, it's not a bad idea to have something over the muzzle to protect it. A number of the nylon gear companies make dedicated muzzle covers. I would personally prefer something a bit more sturdy than cloth, but that's better than nothing.
    The 10FP has a recessed crown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox
    The 10FP has a recessed crown.
    As do a number of other rifles. Recessed or not, it's still smart to protect this area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yrac
    As do a number of other rifles. Recessed or not, it's still smart to protect this area.
    I'd be more concerned damaging the crown when cleaning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast