Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: CAG will take anyone?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am occasionally surprised by political commentary in veterans groups that I frequent. While I do find the number of absolute radical whack jobs is pretty low, center left sentiments are not exactly rare. I would maybe call it 20/30/50 == leftish/undecided or agnostic/rightish in the sum of my impressions.

And I was a Marine and an infantryman; I suspect that the less combat focused service branches and departments would be more balanced than that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Marines are still going to selection and serving at The Unit. And when one Marine retires, it seems like another shows up at the squadron and takes his place. Ground Branch used to be almost exclusively former CAG and Recon Marines.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearedHot View Post
    Marines are still going to selection and serving at The Unit. And when one Marine retires, it seems like another shows up at the squadron and takes his place. Ground Branch used to be almost exclusively former CAG and Recon Marines.

Marines who go to CAG go as 'attached' personnel, the Marines retain the right to pull them back to the Corps. The exception are MARSOC Marines, since they don't report to the Corps anyway.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Marines who go to CAG go as 'attached' personnel, the Marines retain the right to pull them back to the Corps. The exception are MARSOC Marines, since they don't report to the Corps anyway.
    OP discusses that unique aspect of the Marines also.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    OP discusses that unique aspect of the Marines also.
    A big reason a lot of recon Marines cross-decked to MARSOC. The Big Marine Corps did not like (does not like?) Marines homesteading in recon for their careers, they like them to move around. But the job is why recon Marines do what they do, and they don't like moving around, unless they want to. MARSOC being part of SOCOM, when they are in, they are in.

Corpsmen assigned to recon can be moved between recon and MARSOC, but the Navy pretty much lets them stay in those communities for as long as they like.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ok, I'll ask. Why is there a pair of sig runes in the middle of that "plaque"?

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Scout Sniper insignia if I remember correctly
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Scout Sniper insignia if I remember correctly
    I sure hope not. I'd hope such an elite tribe that is supposed to be noted for attention to detail could have found better insignia to associate themselves with.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post
    I sure hope not. I'd hope such an elite tribe that is supposed to be noted for attention to detail could have found better insignia to associate themselves with.

Marine Scout Sniper. While not adopted from the Nazi symbology, it has gotten them in a crapload of trouble, and one of the (many) nails in the Marine SS community coffin that saw their schoolhouses shut down and them written out of the will vis-a-vis Force 2030 design.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post

The SS has been used by Marine Scout Snipers since the 80's.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast