Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: CAG will take anyone?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Like any other deployment, where your unit is assigned to an in-theater HQ unit. Like east coast 2ndMarDiv battalions being assigned to west coat 1stMarDiv RCTs “in country” and vice versa etc etc. Their home command is USSOCOM and their “in-country” parent HQ is JSOC. Sounds complicated but isn’t as complicated as it sounds.
    I'm tracking, thanks.

I was telling another via text, I work with, have worked with, CAG, SF, NSW, AF PJs (both when I was in the mil, and now in my current job). But never worked with anyone in Rgr Batt, so their culture and how they operate are a bit of a mystery to me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    CAG doesn't have MOS/unit-specific criteria, and will take all branches.

Its also worth pointing out that CAG isn't all shooters and looters. They have support, think of B and C teams.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's always nice to have a new way to look at things..
    I'm reminded of a problem the military was having dropping water from a helicopter. Everything they tried broke.
    Some cook from the mess hall took and empty milk dispenser from the mess hall rinsed it out, filled it with water, worked like a charm.
    But who besides a cook would have seen that and had the answer?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Its also worth pointing out that CAG isn't all shooters and looters. They have support, think of B and C teams.
    My understanding is they are almost totally self sufficient with their own intel sections, etc. I'd assume the total support apparatus is larger than the door kickers.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Yes, of course. Not all of their guys and gals go through OTC; interestingly, they do have various levels of OTC-type training, depending on what support role the person goes into. Then support folks who never touch a gun.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789