Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey M4.net, let’s solve the homeless problem. . .

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Y'all need to read the "Glass Castle"
    https://a.co/d/1oAW1I6
    Very informative
    I'm involved in a "mission" to help alleviate homelessness
    It is a very complicated matrix of issues
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    Solve homelessness? Get a job.

Feedback Score
    Agreed. Not to be demeaning but it’s definitely a don’t feed the animals type thing. Giving handouts, designated camps, etc, only encourages more to come. And they never stay in their designated areas. They creep out into the neighborhoods.

There’s an old episode of the series Vice I saw on YouTube awhile back. They interviewed residents in a neighborhood in Austin. The residents they interviewed were very pro homeless. They interviewed them again a few months later after the homeless had crept into their neighborhoods and their attitudes had changed-sort of. After a few of them had to cleanup human feces from their yards they changed somewhat. They still felt bad for them, but just wanted them to go somewhere else. As in to somebody else’s neighborhood. They essentially wanted to kick the can down the road so long as they weren’t in THEIR neighborhood.

But that’s what it’s got to take for all these libtards to get it. They need to deal with the homeless problem in their neighborhoods and in their front yards. As long as the homeless problem isn’t in their backyard they will continue to be pro homeless.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Dude I deal with this every day at work. Unless we all agree to start violating civil rights, there is no solution.
    Is shitting on the sidewalk some kind of civil right now?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    Agreed. Not to be demeaning but it’s definitely a don’t feed the animals type thing. Giving handouts, designated camps, etc, only encourages more to come. And they never stay in their designated areas. They creep out into the neighborhoods.

There’s an old episode of the series Vice I saw on YouTube awhile back. They interviewed residents in a neighborhood in Austin. The residents they interviewed were very pro homeless. They interviewed them again a few months later after the homeless had crept into their neighborhoods and their attitudes had changed-sort of. After a few of them had to cleanup human feces from their yards they changed somewhat. They still felt bad for them, but just wanted them to go somewhere else. As in to somebody else’s neighborhood. They essentially wanted to kick the can down the road so long as they weren’t in THEIR neighborhood.

But that’s what it’s got to take for all these libtards to get it. They need to deal with the homeless problem in their neighborhoods and in their front yards. As long as the homeless problem isn’t in their backyard they will continue to be pro homeless.
    Democrats, liberals, progressives, libtards, idiots... whatever you choose to call them all have the same mentality. They're all like children who seem to have zero critical thinking skills and they always have the same NIMBY attitude about everything. Whether its energy production issues or any other complex matter. As soon as it negatively affects them, they want someone else to deal with it and fix the problem that they were certain was so damn simple to solve.

The overwhelming majority of homeless are in the situation they are in either because they choose to be, have severe psychological issues or are just too damn lazy/stupid to take care of themselves and have burned every bridge that was ever available to them to get help. There have always been bums and there always will be. Once upon a time when the most psychologically damaged individuals were removed from society and committed to institutions, the homeless problem was nowhere near as bad as it currently is. Incidents of abusive treatment of the mentally ill in those institutions resulted in most of them being closed and the only ones left are those that are reserved for the criminally insane who are committed when they cannot be found guilty of crimes due to insanity and imprisoned or executed.

I don't know of any solution other than going back to involuntarily committing mentally deficient/disturbed individuals until they are cured or dead.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    I’m all for passing camping laws and such but what should the penalties be? Hauling a homeless person off to jail isn’t as easy as it sounds when they have a shopping cart full of crap. That and they’re nasty. They have lice, bed bugs, hepatitis, and usually staph infections.
    That's what we used dumpsters for--
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I hear the Wagner PMG is looking for a few good men... and I guess women now too. Sign 'em up.

Ahh, bad joke. But really, when they closed down alot of these institutions that housed people with mental problems, the people that weren't picked up by relatives and such were literally thrown out on the street to fend for themselves. I believe that is part of the biggest problem with alot of homeless people from what I've seen. I feel for those folks who have issues like that when they can't function in society. Drug addictions are a big problem too. I think society itself has to come up with the solution. Government shouldn't be looked to for a solution for anything. They usually e@#f everything they touch up.

I'm not trying to sound all touchy feely. There is a big bad side to all this also. Back in my small hometown in WVa, some homeless started to show up. People with good intentions gave them food, clothing, etc.. What did they do? They got on their government provided cellphones(???!!!) and called their friends, who started to show up so that they could get food and stuff. Now there are homeless living under steps of businesses, homes, etc. Walking the streets at night higher than a kite screaming, pissing on people's porches and causing problems. They have taken over the local parks, and cemetaries living in them also. Needles from drug use are all over the place. Local LEO won't do anything because local prosecutor's won't hold them for their crimes. It's a mess for sure.

Now as far as those folks who are just plain ole' lazy and won't help themselves, you'll reap what you sow. If you can but you're not willing to help yourself, don't expect someone else to.
    Last edited by teufelhund1918; 03-15-23 at 06:59.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It’s a complicated issue. Mental illness and substance dependence/abuse is a tough combo.

The really troubling thing is that it’s mostly 20-40’s working aged males, people just don’t care about boys or men in our society anymore, they’re ostracized naturally and blamed for all of the woes of the world and there mental issues take a back seat to everything else, can you imagine how much less of a problem it would be if mental illness of boys was treated with the tenacity breast cancer is?

Can you imagine if every college had a “”men’s center” as a resource for young men to seek help?

People care more about transitioning boys into Frankenstein-girls than they do actually treating their mental illness these days.

Masculine traits are demonized and punished at every turn in school and in society. If you act like a boy or a man these days you get in trouble in just about every walk of life.

So, people wonder why they become disenfranchised and turn to drugs and the street life.

It needs to start with treating mental illness more effectively.
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 03-15-23 at 07:21.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I work with a woman who goes out and gives provisions to these disgusting shit bags through her church. A huge piece of the issue is the Fentynal. She says these animals are all zombied out on drugs. No friggin idea what the logic of giving these shit stains anything might be. But I don't go down that road with her.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    People are so desperate to show others that they "care" that they'll do anything.

They set up tents with blankets for the shitbags here.
    Millions spent on tarps and tents.

Never had this problem before..
    Wonder what changed?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast