Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New BCM Aimpoint T2 Mount

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I was skeptical of the 1.93 and taller mounts…well I just got my first couple after historically running lower 1/3 mounts and I’l admit I’m a fan. I felt more natural and after a couple dry fire sessions I felt “faster” on target. I’m thinking about converting everything to at least 1.93.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    I was skeptical of the 1.93 and taller mounts…well I just got my first couple after historically running lower 1/3 mounts and I’l admit I’m a fan.
    People's minds work differently. Some guys can't notionalize the sight over bore concept for shit, and where to hold for a precision shot. My brain is always over-calculating the hold to a fault. Some guy here posted how low the POI was on paper with a tall mount and, depending on the POI desired, it was significant.

A lot of guys will have some nutty zero that's good at 50 and 287.698 yards!! Yeah! Come shoot our small steel run and show me how good that shit works.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    People's minds work differently. Some guys can't notionalize the sight over bore concept for shit, and where to hold for a precision shot. My brain is always over-calculating the hold to a fault. Some guy here posted how low the POI was on paper with a tall mount and, depending on the POI desired, it was significant.

A lot of guys will have some nutty zero that's good at 50 and 287.698 yards!! Yeah! Come shoot our small steel run and show me how good that shit works.
    All valid points. I historically have done a 50 yard zero on my RDS guns and with the lower 1/3 mounts always held about 2 inches high on the brain box at bad breath distances as it was engrained in by Pat Rogers. I will have to re learn a bit with the 1.93 and look at some ballistic apps etc..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    with the lower 1/3 mounts always held about 2 inches high on the brain box at bad breath distances as it was engrained
    That's it. Having a hard coded system to match the set up is good.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

Calculated by Strelok for my 10.3" running Speer Gold Dot 75 gr. using a 50 yard zero.

For a 1.7" mount:

For a 2.23" mount:

Let's be real, 1 MOA difference at all the measured distances is not going to be make or break for most shots even on smaller steel targets for any kind of faster paced action shooting. The holds are not somehow crazy different.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Everyone talking about height over bore and no one advocating for even lower mounts than what's offered.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If you’re used to lower third, and 1.93” is causing you grief in CQB, aim 0.1”-0.2” higher….

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Let's be real, 1 MOA difference at all the measured distances is not going to be make or break for most shots even on smaller steel targets for any kind of faster paced action shooting. The holds are not somehow crazy different.
    That has been my experience, not enough difference to make a difference.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    If you’re used to lower third, and 1.93” is causing you grief in CQB, aim 0.1”-0.2” higher….
    I guess what I was saying is already used to holding high I don’t imagine a 1.93 causing any significant issues.

Feedback Score
    I was using a LaRue LT660. The Unity mount is about a half inch taller.

I didn't think .5in was going to make much difference as far as head position, but was a bit concerned about increasing sight over bore regarding bullet path in relation to line of sight. I was wrong on both counts. An extra half inch made a world of difference in head position for me, and sight over bore was a non-issue for the purposes of a 1x red dot point & click self defense out to 200yds.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-07-23 at 19:12.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast