Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New BCM Aimpoint T2 Mount

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Gotcha. Seems like that would put a 1.93 in the bottom meat of the optic, and thus be impossible to shoot irons. (Just eyeballing... could be wrong)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Gotcha. Seems like that would put a 1.93 in the bottom meat of the optic, and thus be impossible to shoot irons. (Just eyeballing... could be wrong)
    Yes, I think that’s true. I’m fond of 1.93”, but old enough to still be a little superstitious about BUIS, so it is a vexing problem.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    but old enough to still be a little superstitious about BUIS, so it is a vexing problem.
    Same here. I don't have one AR that's Dot only.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Who does a 1.93” that you can see backups through? I didn’t think that was a thing.
    Scalarworks makes 1.93" BUIS.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't know if this goofy mofo is 1.93, but it has a hole through which you can poorly use the irons. (it's a UNITY mount)

It also has rear aperture that allows use of the FSB without LMT BUIS which will leave room for a magnifier.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    It also has rear aperture that allows use of the FSB without LMT BUIS which will leave room for a magnifier.
    You're right. I had to flip that thing out of the way to use the existing app.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Yes, I think that’s true. I’m fond of 1.93”, but old enough to still be a little superstitious about BUIS, so it is a vexing problem.
    Anymore my backup sights don't need to be iron as long as I have a backup or two.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Scalarworks makes 1.93" BUIS.
    Why would you hurt my wallet like that?

Anymore my backup sights don't need to be iron as long as I have a backup or two.
    Yeah, I’ve arrived there in a practical sense, but there’s a thought inside my head that says “sure would be nice to have BUIS on top of that gun, wouldn’t it?”.

When I get old, I’m going to go on rants about how back in my day dots ate batteries, and we had BUIS on our rifles, but the gottdarned Whigs ruined it for everyone, and now every other commercial on the TV is about tolerance of LPVO+, and I bet you whippersnappers don’t even have bayonets!

Feedback Score
    The Scalarworks 1.93" irons haven't been released, AFAIK, even though they've been announced for awhile.

You could always just use offset sights with 1.93". Or just accept you're not getting co-witnessing, and will need to ditch your optic to use them.

I went from lower 1/3rd to 1.93" to 2.26" for my RDS/HWS height. All have worked just fine slick, but the 1.93" made passive aiming under NODs or use with a pro mask way easier, and the 2.26" made passive aiming under NODs with a pro mask far more comfortable.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    Is there a weight listed anywhere? Really like torque specs printed on it.
    Can’t imagine it being very heavy, the difference between the heaviest T2/Comp M5 mounts and the lightest is only maybe an ounce or two. At some point obsessing over fractions of an ounce is diminishing returns.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast