Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A tale of two uppers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the differences are between these two uppers? I called Optics Planet and they weren't sure. They said the DD upper with the Surefire flash hider wasn't available any more.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/daniel-...-mil-spec.html
    Yes on has the surefire 3 prong the other has a DD Birdcage type, that's the difference. I have the surefire 3 Prong DD upper from OP, except I didn't pay the $1k for it.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Didn't see these responses until it was too late. That looked like a great price on a DD upper (even for the one with the DD flash hider) so I pulled the trigger. I'll let you know how things go.
    Please do, it would be nice to know if they are still consistently full of shit.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    The headache I got trying to explain to them about this made me so angry.
    Yeah they aren't gun people. Last time I ordered I got a demo scope with the wrong reticle in the box of the correct scope. They made it right but it took awhile.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got an email confirming that it shipped. Should be here in a couple days. So far so good.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    They don’t make 100% errors so you might get lucky. Just way too many. Hope your shit is spot on.

PB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Got an email confirming that it shipped. Should be here in a couple days. So far so good.
    Did you buy the cheaper one (cerakote) and do you think it’s going to have a SF flash hider on it or not?

Interested to see what you got. I maintain neither have the pictures surefire and the cheaper one has a cerakoted receiver.

Feedback Score
    Here is what the Optics Planet DD 14.5 with Pinned SF 3 Prong looks like, the other version just has the DD version of their birdcage, but otherwise is the same.

[IMG]Dd by Hank Henry, on Flickr[/IMG]

I picked this up on Black Friday sales for around $850 I think, great little upper for that price
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I ordered the less expensive one. Either way I think it's a fantastic deal on a Daniel Defense upper.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Upper came in. It's the one with the DD flash hider. It's a great looking upper. Looks like DD's version of the URGI. I think it's a fantastic deal on a DD upper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12