Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock Gen5 G19 10 round magazine testing

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    This has always been news to me! Everyone talks about how "bad" the 10rd mags are, well myself and countless fellow NYers have used them forever and put 1000+++++ rds down range and never had what appeared to be a magazine issue.
    Most people don’t shoot enough HP to really find problems you don’t get with ball ammo. I know it’s never happened with 1911’s... I also know a local department that had a few fail to feed in testing the Kahr for BUG approval. But only one brand of 147gr and after several hundred rounds of testing.

Same kind of thing happened with Glock .40 cal with weapon lights malfunctions. It’s rare enough for many to discount it.

I do hope Glock improved their ban mags with the Gen5. Or courts tell ban States to F off with mag bans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Most people don’t shoot enough HP to really find problems you don’t get with ball ammo. I know it’s never happened with 1911’s... I also know a local department that had a few fail to feed in testing the Kahr for BUG approval. But only one brand of 147gr and after several hundred rounds of testing.

Same kind of thing happened with Glock .40 cal with weapon lights malfunctions. It’s rare enough for many to discount it.

I do hope Glock improved their ban mags with the Gen5. Or courts tell ban States to F off with mag bans.
    I couldn’t agree with you more! I look forward to throwing these 10 rounders in the trash- some day!
    EATADIK.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post

Quote Originally Posted by eric0311 View Post
    I couldn’t agree with you more! I look forward to throwing these 10-rounders in the trash- someday!
    While I have shot many JHP through my earlier Glocks and my current 19X I fully understand that Defensive JHP ammo varies widely depending on the weight of the bullets & yes that could prove to be an issue I would say. And yea, I also am waiting for the day that I can use "Standard" cap mags and not the 10 rd ones,seems closer now at least.

Feedback Score
    I was in a discussion with another guy on a separate forum, who mentioned the following:

“I don't know when Glock made these changes, but they did update their 10 round mags, at least the ones for the 19. The new magazines are marked 2274-02 on the rear of the body. The new magazine bodies are longer, closer to the same length of the standard 15 round magazine. These new mags also fit 19s with a magwell, unlike the older ones.

I haven't had any trouble with them, but if you do, you can drop in a 9mm7 follower and they work without modification. You used to have to file either the follower or mag body for them to fit.”

Interesting…
    EATADIK.

Feedback Score
    I fired 200 rounds of Winchester 115 FMJ ball through the two Gen5 10 round mags yesterday, no issues.
    EATADIK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12