Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Mfg hits the big time

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Also, Poverty Pony stripped lowers are on sale for $40...
    $30 over the weekend, I think…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lol, looks like everyone’s poverty pony just became a war horse.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Does this mean we all need to start cloning Andersons?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    In my own network and extended network I have never heard of any actual trouble with Anderson lowers. My personal experience with them is very limited, limited to people in said network putting guns together on Anderson receivers, people who are not necessarily experts. But I have inspected several of these now, over the last, I think, five years, and there has been no issue with anything due to "Anderson". Anderson's other stuff, I don't really know. I mean I know Anderson receivers don't say "Colt" on them and they don't cost enough to be any good, but.... in my limited experience they also don't seem to be bad. What have I missed?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    In my own network and extended network I have never heard of any actual trouble with Anderson lowers. My personal experience with them is very limited, limited to people in said network putting guns together on Anderson receivers, people who are not necessarily experts. But I have inspected several of these now, over the last, I think, five years, and there has been no issue with anything due to "Anderson". Anderson's other stuff, I don't really know. I mean I know Anderson receivers don't say "Colt" on them and they don't cost enough to be any good, but.... in my limited experience they also don't seem to be bad. What have I missed?
    I haven't had any issues with them either, only a couple minor annoyances, but that's about it.

Minor annoyances being: The grip screw hole not being threaded all the way through on older examples and the grip and safety needing to be removed to install and remove triggers.

Also, in the category of "not really an issue" is the original mechanically engraved logo, it just looks not good... However, the newer laser engraved logo looks decent enough IMO. They are still engraving them both ways though.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 03-20-23 at 16:36.

Feedback Score
    Primary Arms had them for $29 dollars this weekend for a stripped lower.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    In my own network and extended network I have never heard of any actual trouble with Anderson lowers. My personal experience with them is very limited, limited to people in said network putting guns together on Anderson receivers, people who are not necessarily experts. But I have inspected several of these now, over the last, I think, five years, and there has been no issue with anything due to "Anderson". Anderson's other stuff, I don't really know. I mean I know Anderson receivers don't say "Colt" on them and they don't cost enough to be any good, but.... in my limited experience, they also don't seem bad. What have I missed?
    Well, when ya really think about it maybe we are just overpaying for Brand name and recognition! 7075 Forged, Type 3 Hard Anodized,I would assume if your Colt, BCM, LMT LPK goes in with 0 issues then who is the sap here,, LOL I have no Anderson lowers, but maybe we have been wrong all along!

Feedback Score
    I did a build last year for my son in law with an Anderson upper & lower. He texted me a couple weeks ago that he was at 7500 rds and counting. It went together slick as snot, no issues. But what the hell do I know?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I would rather take an Anderson into combat, than nothing at all.
    This quote will become famous. Bravo Stick!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Primary Arms had them for $29 dollars this weekend for a stripped lower.
    I remember once upon a time you could get them for $19.99, looking back I probably should have dropped a bill.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast