Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Mfg hits the big time

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    In my own network and extended network I have never heard of any actual trouble with Anderson lowers. My personal experience with them is very limited, limited to people in said network putting guns together on Anderson receivers, people who are not necessarily experts. But I have inspected several of these now, over the last, I think, five years, and there has been no issue with anything due to "Anderson". Anderson's other stuff, I don't really know. I mean I know Anderson receivers don't say "Colt" on them and they don't cost enough to be any good, but.... in my limited experience they also don't seem to be bad. What have I missed?
    Not even from Will Larson? I know you knew him.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I bought a couple Anderson lowers years ago, and one of them was out of spec so bad that I sold both of them off to a buddy of mine.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I bought a couple Anderson lowers years ago, and one of them was out of spec so bad that I sold both of them off to a buddy of mine.
    So what you're saying is you're a dick.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From the M4C past:

Apocolypse Day 11.jpg
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have one Anderson lower, purchased when I was first getting into building ARs. It's OK, but finish is noticeable poorer than other (yes more expensive) lowers. Personally, it's worth the cost for a nicer lower but I appreciate the low end manufacturers for making the AR affordable and ubiquitous.

Andy

Feedback Score
    i'd bet we paid for those, you-and-me, US tax-payer dollars generously Biden-gifted to Ukraine.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    So what you're saying is you're a dick.
    I told him all about the issues the one lower had, he said he wanted them anyway.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rpoL98 View Post
    i'd bet we paid for those, you-and-me, US tax-payer dollars generously Biden-gifted to Ukraine.
    Maybe they were donated by Anderson, or a distributor here? If not, it makes me wonder why, when Uncle Sam buys Colt M4s for about $700 a piece. I’m sure there are a bunch of pre A1 models sitting in a depot somewhere they could ship over there for what the Andersons are costing them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I told him all about the issues the one lower had, he said he wanted them anyway.
    And how are they working out for him?

Feedback Score
    I own one Anderson lower. I bought it stripped and assembled it with a SOLGW lower parts kit and buffer assembled. Also put a magpul moe + grip on it with a magpul moe SL stock on it. That’s probably the only part of an “Anderson” I’d trust for real use although I have a few other lowers I’d take over it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast