Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Mfg hits the big time

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I have a snowflake lower with Daniel Defense internals.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    I had an Anderson lower ($40.00) a few years ago. Stuffed it with Colt parts from SA, screwed a Colt RE into it, H2 buffer and Colt spring. I had a 6920 upper at the time that I put on it and ran it alongside my other Colts. Blindfolded you would not be able to pick it out. It went in a multi layered gun trade last year with a friend who still has it.
    Friends and I over the years have bought multiple Anderson lowers which were built into carbines with absolutely no issues. Every one of them is still running. One LGS here in Atlanta nearly always had them $30 to $35 in their big sales. I think the cheapest I ever bought one was for $25.

Just hard to argue with a $30 to $40 lower that works.

Visually I can tell a slight difference in the hard coat between aero precision and Anderson. The Anderson is a bit more matte, but so are colts.

I don't use other Anderson components for a variety of reasons. The biggest of which is they're not on sale and I can get better components for the same price.

I don't build lowers that much anymore, but I think people obsess too much over rollmarks and lowers instead of the things that really matter.

Feedback Score
    I purchased one the Anderson stripped lowers from Primary Arms for $29. It gauged out fine and the ano/finish looks good.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    I purchased one the Anderson stripped lowers from Primary Arms for $29. It gauged out fine and the ano/finish looks good.
    Taking you off the friends list bro.

If you wanna be the guy riding the Honda to the Harley bar you go right ahead but I am going to pretend to not know you!

Feedback Score
    For $29 bucks if it was out of spec I wouldn't feel bad about trashing it.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Anderson is also one of the few I believe that offers a M16 cut pocket lower for a cheap price.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Folks also have conveniently short memories... Remember the excitement over KAC stripped lowers?

They produced a pretty big batch of clearly out of spec lowers, but I'm pretty sure any of us would buy a KAC manufactured one if available.

I've moved past accumulating cheap lowers... But I think people focus too hard on lower quality and not enough on the rest of the parts.
    Last edited by pinzgauer; 03-26-23 at 06:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Folks also have conveniently short memories... Remember the excitement over KAC stripped lowers?

They produced a pretty big batch of clearly out of spec lowers, but I'm pretty sure any of us would buy a cat manufactured one if available.

I've moved past accumulating cheap lowers... But I think people focus too hard on lower quality and not enough on the rest of the parts.
    no, not from a cat. nor a dog.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I have 5 Andersson Arms lowers, three are even SBRs. I have not had any issues at all with them. Matter of fact I have never actually seen a stripped Anderson Arms lower out of spec........ Seen two KAC ones that you couldn't even get trigger pins in, but never an Anderson Arms one.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    I don’t know who they OEM for but pretty sure they make stuff for other brands.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast