Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Anderson Mfg hits the big time

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    To add to the body of knowledge and experience here, we have one in the stable built on an Anderson lower (see what I did there) and it's always run like a sewing machine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    I purchased one the Anderson stripped lowers from Primary Arms for $29. It gauged out fine and the ano/finish looks good.

I recently took an Anderson lower, installed Pin gauges in all 6 holes and matched it up to a Colt lower and all 6 pins went perfectly in, so basically they were pinned together. All 6 holes drilled in exact locations. That was just 1 test I did. With tight fitting pin gauges of different sizes and all 6 matching exactly I was surprised to be honest how the 2 lowers slid together with no binding.
    Last edited by the AR-15 Junkie; 04-03-23 at 12:50.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought a couple of "pistol" lowers from Aero when lowers where unobtainable. Still sitting in a the boxes. How does the Aero lowers hold up compared to other low end gear?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I bought a couple of "pistol" lowers from Aero when lowers where unobtainable. Still sitting in a the boxes. How does the Aero lowers hold up compared to other low end gear?

PB
    Ive had good luck with the 2 or 3 that Ive had before. I dont think I have them anymore though.

I did have bad luck with Anderson lowers before. That was during the timeframe that a previous poster said they were known to have issues. IraqGunz was able to do his magic and get them up and running. He then verbally bullied me until I got rid of them. HAHAHA.

The last few cheap lowers Ive bought have been from PSA and they've been fine.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Pappa, I ran into an Aero lower that had improperly drilled hammer pin holes (as I recall). The hammer wouldn’t freely rotate. Aero sent me a new lower. Overall, they have been considered a step above Anderson and PSA. That said, my PSA SBR still runs, and the most accurate rifle in a class over the weekend was built on an Anderson lower.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Isn't Aero the OEM for a bunch of different manufacturers lowers, including PSA?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567