Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Trump Be Charged For "Hush $" Payment?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    "Show me the man, I'll show you the crime": Beria

A NDA in exchange for money is legal. The question is, was the money used to protect Trump family (legal), or the campaign (illegal)?

Cohen originally said the exchange was to protect Melania, not the campaign; thus, not a campaign finance violation. Cohen is a prolific liar, remember he had recanted so much previous testimony and committed perjury. Cohen is the DA's star witness, who is now saying, yes, it was to protect the campaign.

BUT: Cohen's former attorney, Costello, no longer bound by atty-client privilege, testified to the grand jury that Cohen repeatedly said the money was to protect Melania, not the campaign, and that Cohen acted on his own and not at the behest of Trump. Furthermore, Costello said that Bragg his from the grand jury docs that corroborated Cohen's original testimony.

So: Cohen was lying then, or he is lying now; or he could have been lying all alone. BUT, if Bragg is suppressing evidence that corroborates Cohen's original testimony that a) he paid Daniels without Trump knowing, and b) did it to protect melania and not the campaign, there is no 'there' in this case.

What I think: the DA wants Trump to plead out believing that he could win a trial. If the grand jury indicts, I believe Trump and his attorneys want to go to trial, especially if they can call Cohen and Costello to testify, and verify there is documentation that support's Cohen's original testimony.

I know a handful of lawyers, not many, but none of them see a case here based on what we know from the media.

Feedback Score
    If Trump paid out other similar NDAs when not running for office, kind of a slam dunk.

I still don’t get why Stormy isn’t guilty of blackmail?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    If Trump paid out other similar NDAs when not running for office, kind of a slam dunk.

I still don’t get why Stormy isn’t guilty of blackmail?
    Well... her attorney, Michael Avenatti (left-wing kooks we're swooning over him and the notion of being the next POTUS) has time to ponder your question. I think he ended up with over a decade of federal prison time in addition to the below.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-22-23 at 10:14.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Grand Jury cancelled...clown show

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...hheld-evidence
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Too bad the BAR is a paper tiger or this cat would lose his license to practice law.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Trump needs to sue the whore for not hushing and get his money back.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Now disbar the POS.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Who knows... but not surprising when the case largely revolves around Cohen's testimony who pleaded guilty, among other things, lying to Congress.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    According to workers in the DA office, "significant disarray and disagreement" reigns in the office...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Can't make this shit up...National Donald Day
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast