Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Trump Be Charged For "Hush $" Payment?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    I didn’t think that the DA had the obligation to present both sides or all the evidence to a grand jury? The full trial, yes; but not for the grand jury?

Now, if it is pretty clear Cohen is lying, that is another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Trump needs to sue the whore for not hushing and get his money back.
    I thought he did and won?

ETA:

I can dream that Cohen is lying, it is clear and the AG has to pull the case because it falls apart, and then has to go after Cohen for lying to the Grand Jury…. Now that would be DELISH…
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 03-22-23 at 13:00.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I didn’t think that the DA had the obligation to present both sides or all the evidence to a grand jury? The full trial, yes; but not for the grand jury?

Now, if it is pretty clear Cohen is lying, that is another issue.
    Not sure...IMO the withheld docs are likely to blow the whole case apart & they now need time to regroup. There is some chatter that it may not even move forward now, but not seeing anything concrete??
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not canceled entirely, just saying it will not meet this week.

Still very telling as they were expected to meet today.

Apparently Cohen testimony getting beat up on stand by defense testimony from his prior lawyer has created a credibility issue in the grand jury minds

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is blowing up twatter...trump has already commented on it as well.

2018 Letter from Michael Cohen’s lawyer to the FEC declares Cohen used his own personal funds to pay Stormy Daniels.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohn...59011028434947
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Are we really surprised that this might all just “POOOF”. We are what, 8 years into Trump about to be arrested and hung for treason, and this was already on shaky ground.

What’s the first rule of killing a king? You’d better kill the king. It sure looks like the DA is going to do a strategic withdrawal and probably blame Cohen for the problem.

We’ll see. Who runs strategy for the Dems? Will E Coyote???
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I thought he did and won?
    Maybe he did, I don't know. That is great if he did.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I don't know how anyone could deal with so many Communists out to get them? God bless Trump. The man is like Jason Born to the entire Democrat party.

Underneath it all Russia must be shaking in their boots. I mean just look at the competence of the Democrat Party running this country.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This is blowing up twatter...trump has already commented on it as well.

2018 Letter from Michael Cohen’s lawyer to the FEC declares Cohen used his own personal funds to pay Stormy Daniels.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohn...59011028434947
    Obviously, there had to be a cut out for the transaction to prevent it from being linked directly to Trump. The attorney route is the most common route to do that for obvious reasons. I have no doubt the "deal" was Cohen paid the ho, Trump repaid Cohen, perhaps also using less direct/obvious funds to do so for plausible deniability. So far, as that's a common thing among politicians, rich A holes, etc, unclear how/where laws were broken. If campaign funds where involved, then that's where legal issues would arise, even if Trump paid it back? I'm still unclear what the actual charges are here as paying off ho's to stay quiet with an NDA is a time honored tradition among the wealthy connected elites.

If anyone believes Cohen paid her and Trump was totally unaware of it, and there was no arrangements made for him to be repaid, then they're naive to the extreme. But knowing a thing and proving a thing in a court of law, are two very different things. If Cohen and or Trump listed it as a biz expense, that was stupid but a total yawn as to importance non news.

Personally, I think Trumps best route should have been to say "yes, I had a short lived thing with her a long time ago, what of it?" and killed the energy there and then, just as Bill C should have said "Yes, I did that, it was a mistake and between me and my wife" and saved himself much troubles comparatively. They never seem to learn that in these times, most people really don't care who you bang if you do your damn job. Your haters however will use it to destroy you.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-23-23 at 09:08.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Sums it up perfectly.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast