Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Near Death Experiences

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Near Death Experiences

This YT channel is different people talking about their own NDE's. Here's an example below. You or anyone you know had an NDE? I have always been fascinated by the topic, and have read books from Dr Sam Parnia who tries to objectively study the topic.

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I was passenger in a Willys Jeep that lost control and went down a steep bank right into a pond. Went completely underwater. The water was muddy, visibility was zero. I remember thinking this could be it. I remember thinking don't try to get out until the jeep stops.

The jeep came to rest about 6 feet deep on its side, driver side down. I immediately got the door open and dismounted. My buddy popped up right behind me.

Neither one of us even got a scratch.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Got kicked off a horse that then trampled me. No recollection of the events that followed but I was told I got up and tried to get back on the horse before having a seizure. Ended up breaking almost all my ribs, blew out both my lungs, fractured my skull and eye sockets and had heavy internal bleeding and brain swelling. Was really close the the edge there… Spent a while in a coma and lots of rehab.

About 9 months later that horse and I reunited. SOB saw me walking the shed row and I’ll be damned if he didn’t start panicking. Smacked him once then forgave him. Horses do what horses do…

ETA: was about 25 years ago and I was in my early 20’s and in excellent shape. Don’t think I would have survived it today.
    Last edited by Bluto; 03-20-23 at 15:32.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    I was passenger in a Willys Jeep that lost control and went down a steep bank right into a pond. Went completely underwater. The water was muddy, visibility was zero. I remember thinking this could be it. I remember thinking don't try to get out until the jeep stops.

The jeep came to rest about 6 feet deep on its side, driver side down. I immediately got the door open and dismounted. My buddy popped up right behind me.

Neither one of us even got a scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Got kicked off a horse that then trampled me. No recollection of the events that followed but I was told I got up and tried to get back on the horse before having a seizure. Ended up breaking almost all my ribs, blew out both my lungs, fractured my skull and eye sockets and had heavy internal bleeding and brain swelling. Was really close the the edge there… Spent a while in a coma and lots of rehab.

About 9 months later that horse and I reunited. SOB saw me walking the shed row and I’ll be damned if he didn’t start panicking. Smacked him once then forgave him. Horses do what horses do…

ETA: was about 25 years ago and I was in my early 20’s and in excellent shape. Don’t think I would have survived it today.
    So and NDE is when you were dead, and had an out of body experience. In many cases the person is pronounced dead, no heart beat, no brain activity, nadda and yet can tell the doctors what they were saying, meet various spiritual beings, etc, etc. That vid in OP is an example. There's been far more of them in recent times because they have gotten so much better at bringing people back from being clinically dead. Dr Parnia has been researching the topic for a while now:

Last edited by WillBrink; 03-20-23 at 16:17.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    So using Will's example, nope... not a near death for me. No pearly gates.. No angel trumpets or devil trombones... After watching the video and some others I wonder how someone that has gone through that sees life as they know if going forward.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    So using Will's example, nope... not a near death for me. No pearly gates.. No angel trumpets or devil trombones... After watching the video and some others I wonder how someone that has gone through that sees life as they know if going forward.
    Many give their view of life going forward. As expected, it totally changes them forever, always for the better. This one is worth a view:

- Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We went canoeing down the rivers in Daniel Boone National forest. Had gone many times on these wild white water trips. This week it rained non stop for 7 days. The guide said if it wasn’t you guys, I have turned around 5 groups already. Canoe’s sit mangled at the rental location under normal weather.

The rapids were way too dangerous for a canoe, but we were young and dumb. Very dumb. We were half way through the trip. The normal process is to get out of the canoe and plan the route through the white water, we did that. But when we got through about 100 yards of white water we turned a corner and another 100 yards awaited us. I was on front of canoe, we went over a huge ridge and the canoe went straight through and down deep.

I was fighting to keep my head above water and would go over another rapid and it would shoot me so deep I couldn’t see light. I thought “ if I get pinned against a rock-IM DEAD”
    I thought I was dead, very sure this was it. But through the grace of God…….

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    We went canoeing down the rivers in Daniel Boone National forest. Had gone many times on these wild white water trips. This week it rained non stop for 7 days. The guide said if it wasn’t you guys, I have turned around 5 groups already. Canoe’s sit mangled at the rental location under normal weather.

The rapids were way too dangerous for a canoe, but we were young and dumb. Very dumb. We were half way through the trip. The normal process is to get out of the canoe and plan the route through the white water, we did that. But when we got through about 100 yards of white water we turned a corner and another 100 yards awaited us. I was on front of canoe, we went over a huge ridge and the canoe went straight through and down deep.

I was fighting to keep my head above water and would go over another rapid and it would shoot me so deep I couldn’t see light. I thought “ if I get pinned against a rock-IM DEAD”
    I thought I was dead, very sure this was it. But through the grace of God…….

PB
    See Post #4...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One thing that leaves me unconvinced, everyone that reports having a near death experience seems to have a different experience. I guess the light is often common, but the details all seem to differ.
    Last edited by bmg; 03-21-23 at 16:17.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmg View Post
    One thing that leaves me unconvinced, everyone that reports having a near death experience seems to have a different experience. I guess the light is often common, but the details all seem to differ.
    There's way more similarities than differences, which is one aspect that blows people's and doctors minds.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast