Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which FTS magnifier sucks the least? first worse?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Which FTS magnifier sucks the least? first worse?

I decided I want an RDS+mag for my 14.5, looking at that holosun 503 with the acss.
    Some day I might upgrade to unity or an adm mount.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I decided I want an RDS+mag for my 14.5, looking at that holosun 503 with the acss.
    Some day I might upgrade to unity or an adm mount.
    (I assume FTS means fold to the side?)

The Vortex 3X is pretty good for the price. QD mount included. and has a riser included for lower 1/3. For under $300, I'm in the magnifier game.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    (I assume FTS means fold to the side?)

The Vortex 3X is pretty good for the price. QD mount included. and has a riser included for lower 1/3. For under $300, I'm in the magnifier game.
    flip, fold, flop, fall the **** off.

Does anyone actually know if thats something manufactures came up with or internet groop thank?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Anything that flips to the side sucks ass IMO. Unity FAST FTC (Flip-To-Center) or ride past to a LPVO.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I tried an lovo on here. Didn't work so well

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I tried an lovo on here. Didn't work so well
    Why, because of the FSB? Taller mount.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Anything that flips to the side sucks ass IMO.
    I was honestly blown away at how robust the Vortex import thing is, AND how little it got in the way flip up or side. I'm not one to ever try stuff like magnifiers at all. I really thought it would be a worthless, bulky pain in the ass, but that thing is pretty impressive.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I was honestly blown away at how robust the Vortex import thing is, AND how little it got in the way flip up or side. I'm not one to ever try stuff like magnifiers at all. I really thought it would be a worthless, bulky pain in the ass, but that thing is pretty impressive.
    I agree. I had a G33 years ago and sold it well before getting the vortex but one of my concerns with buying a “budget” magnifier was that the mount would be weak. I can’t compare side by side but the Vortex’s feels just as robust as the EOTech’s. I’ve also never really been bothered by the STS. The Unity version seems better but I don’t want an optic that high so I’ve stuck to having it off the side of my gun. I haven’t done room clearing with it but I have shot some rifle competitions and it hasn’t bothered me. Plus you can always just take it off if you don’t need it at that moment…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm NO Vortex fanboy AT ALL either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Anything that flips to the side sucks ass IMO. Unity FAST FTC (Flip-To-Center) or ride past to a LPVO.
    While the FTC is a cleaner solution, FTS works perfectly fine, IMO, I ran an EOTech G33 on the OEM mount for years before switching over the a Scalarworks 1.93" with the Aimpoint 3XMag-1, and never had any real snagging issues or anything. The main thing I noticed after switching to the Unity was simply better peripheral vision, now that the the magnifier was out of the way, but even then, it was relatively minor, since I didn't run around looking through my sights.

I don't think LPVO and RDS/HWS with a magnifier are actually all that comparable, they have very different strengths and weaknesses, IMO.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast