Thread: Where are the Henry rifles? Selling that fast?

Feedback Score

Where are the Henry rifles? Selling that fast?

I recently learned about the Henry X line.

These are lever carbines with threaded muzzles, furniture able to mount accessories, drilled and tapped receivers, removable magazine tubes AND side loading gates.

Pretty cool. At some point these were selling for roughly $750. Now nobody has them except for a few scalpers.

I looked at the standard steel versions with classic stocks and no threading and it was the same story.

Are Henrys selling that well or have there been production issues?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Kinda both. I read recently that Henry has a 5 year order backlog. Scuttlebutt is that they're having labor/staffing issues, which has slowed production. There is also really high demand for leverguns, and they're kind of the only game in town while Ruger spins Marlin back up.

The shop where I help out part time gets a .22 Henry here and there, but we haven't seen any new centerfires in quite a while. We put them on the shelf and they almost always sell the same day.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    They've also recently stopped providing repair parts to dealers. Everything has to go back to the factory now.

That's probably also having an effect on overall production 'cause they have to have a staff standing around logging crap in and out and changing broken firing pins on their shitty .22s all day long whereas before they could just drop one in the mail and we'd change it out on site.

Last time I called to get a replacement pin, the CS lady that explained the new policy to me sounded completely overwhelmed...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    They've also recently stopped providing repair parts to dealers. Everything has to go back to the factory now.

That's probably also having an effect on overall production 'cause they have to have a staff standing around logging crap in and out and changing broken firing pins on their shitty .22s all day long whereas before they could just drop one in the mail and we'd change it out on site.

Last time I called to get a replacement pin, the CS lady that explained the new policy to me sounded completely overwhelmed...
    Perhaps its part of an effort to make fewer spare parts and/or find a production-capable solution, if there is a frequent breakage problem.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah, perhaps.

We have a couple or three a month come in with broken firing pins, so it seems like a pretty common problem. Probably a weak design coupled with not-up-to-the-task materials.

And I probably really shouldn't call them "shitty .22s"...They're not really shitty overall, they just have this FP breakage problem. If you have a Henry .22, don't ever dry fire it...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    For scalper prices you are better off buying an older Winnie and getting it threaded.

A LGS had a regular type Henry Lever gun in 45LC, it looked nice but not a caliber I want to get into.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 03-23-23 at 19:08.

Feedback Score
    .357 or .44 for me.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    .357 or .44 for me.
    I toyed with the 44 but settled on the 357 and couldn't be happier! It's a dam sweet/fun rifle to shoot. Holds 10 357s and 12 38spl with one in the chamber, that's dam cool I think, LOL I always saw them in shops but just was never fully on board with one and when I finally went for it the Corona had hit, people were being nuts and everything at the local level was gone. Ya could find them on GB for mid/high $700 and low $800 before the Rona after you were lucky to find any of them for less than $1200! The TAC ones were always more, close to $1400 or so. As stated, any that show up are gone in a heartbeat, GB still has plenty but prices vary widely, unfortunately. I have had mine for around a year & I paid around $1250ish when all done with tax/shipping/CC Fees and transfer, not great but I'm happy to have it. If they ever get back on track at the local level, I'm sure I will pick up another!

Feedback Score
    Finally got the two model X's that I wanted, now just need to find reasonably priced .45-70 ...

Feedback Score
    My lgs is a Henry dealer. They have a good selection on the wall. It is usually 22, 30-30, 45LC, and some 45-70. When I find a 357 I buy it. I got a 44 recently and of course everyone needs a 22 so I got the Small Game Carbine. I used to have a newer Winchester 94. It was meh. It wasn't great in any way. I think Henry is pretty great in every way. I stayed away because a lever gun needs a side gate but once they did that I went all in. The F&F on them is fantastic. Smooth and pretty decent triggers. I change the sights to peeps but leave the innards alone. I just recently got a brass Big Boy carbine in 357. Great gun, heavy as all get out but very handy size wise.