Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to park cash?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The blindness of those who think the dollar will be worth anything in two years amazes me. Once the dollar is no longer the reserve currency our printing presses will no longer generate wealth.

J Michael Waller
    @JMichaelWaller
    ·
    4h
    We are watching the destruction of the US dollar unfold before our eyes.
    Quote Tweet
    kanekoa.substack.com
    @KanekoaTheGreat
    ·
    4h
    Vladimir Putin says Russia supports the use of the Chinese yuan for conducting transactions between Asia, Africa, and Latin America. This stance aligns with the ongoing trend of de-dollarization and the shift towards a multi-polar global order.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 03-22-23 at 06:18.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    The blindness of those who think the dollar will be worth anything in two years amazes me. Once the dollar is no longer the reserve currency our printing presses will no longer generate wealth.

J Michael Waller
    @JMichaelWaller
    ·
    4h
    We are watching the destruction of the US dollar unfold before our eyes.
    Quote Tweet
    kanekoa.substack.com
    @KanekoaTheGreat
    ·
    4h
    Vladimir Putin says Russia supports the use of the Chinese yuan for conducting transactions between Asia, Africa, and Latin America. This stance aligns with the ongoing trend of de-dollarization and the shift towards a multi-polar global order.
    …Putin is choosing Chinese currency over American and that’s at all noteworthy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Not really but our feckless leaders allowing a Middle East vacuum to form allowing this is. Our own leaders are selling us out, actually have already sold us out. Biden is a perfect example of where the US is heading, an animated corpse stumbling around.

https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Int...eace-Deal.html

China has successfully brokered a deal between Iran and Saudi Arabia, restoring diplomatic ties between the two countries.
    This agreement provides greater opportunities for Chinese influence in the region and may signify waning American influence by comparison.
    The breakthrough agreement is significant for its implications for increased economic stability, diplomatic relations, and leadership in the Middle East.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 03-22-23 at 07:07.

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    double tap

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hookers and Blow has always withstood the worst of market conditions. But my cash has all been gobbles up by appliance replacements, repairs, etc. I'm running out of shit that can break.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Don't know your situation Will, do you have a secure place to park physical assets? Are your other needs met, firearms, ammo, food, water, power etc. Gold is a good way to preserve wealth, in 1873 a Colt Peacemaker cost $17 so with a $20 Double Eagle you could get a top notch self defense rig, pistol, belt/holster and ammo. Today that Double Eagle will get you two top notch defense rigs, doesn't say much about the long term value of the dollar.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 03-22-23 at 09:41.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’ve been transitioning pretty much everything into physical assets over he last year. Shit is so unstable out there, it’s just not worth it for the risk at this point.

Good and silver. Guns and ammo. Land.

I was called a fool by more than a few people for selling my BTC in the $60k range and transitioning it over to gold and silver. I bought a far dips and when things went up after Covid cooled off I pulled it out put it into gold and silver and some investment properties in Panama- I was questioned yet again by the same folks.

Those folks have gone silent now.

I know for a fact I can take my gold and silver anywhere and it will hold value. Same for guns and ammo.

I kept my 401K in the mix but recent events from the imposter in chief has me eyeing a move on that front as well.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, the one thing they can't make more of is land. Will they try to take it...sure...it's been that way since the beginning. That's why it is always a good investment.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Echo Adrenaline… land is always of value. Especially land with water rights.

If not, gold. I prefer krugerrands. They tend to go up ever so slightly in rarity value that it usually covers the sell vs spot price difference.

Edit to add: while most real estate is indeed illiquid and takes time and effort to sell, properly surveyed land parcels owned by an LLC or in some cases a trust can be sold with a simple contract in a few minutes.
    Last edited by Bluto; 03-22-23 at 19:46.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Rates being up, market being very volatile, etc. Where does one park cash? Bonds, Cds, etc? in the 6m -2y time frame?
    Just this morning, I was flying to your town (again) and the dude seated next to me was watching some kind of financial station on the plane's TV. They were listing one and two years T bonds at somewhere between 3 and 5%. That's pretty darn good in this and age. BTW, I was watching "Interstellar" for the 5th time in the last 3 months. . The story line was cool but I just like the Hamilton watch with the tricked out second hand. Hehe.

With the roller coaster ride we've had in the last two years, I've came close to pulling the "park my money" routine. I bet if I tell my financial adviser to do that, he'll try to talk me out of it.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast