Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where to park cash?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Park cash short term?

Savings or checking account.

Seriously.

Worrying over the little bit of interest a few 10K dollars will make in the places you can put it and still have instant liquidity is stupid. It’s like driving all over all over town trying to save a few cents on gas.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I just met with my advisor and actually put more with him… but I still have a fair amount of cash. I’m thinking about buying some more watches…at least I can wear those around and enjoy them. While they may not be growing in value at least the “hold” value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Well, I may become an Expat if this doesn't change.
    If you don't already have a footprint abroad, currently up and running, you likely never will. It takes years, often several years, to set up the resources - legal and otherwise - to move abroad and be able to stay there.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    If you don't already have a footprint abroad, currently up and running, you likely never will. It takes years, often several years, to set up the resources - legal and otherwise - to move abroad and be able to stay there.
    I'm on year 12 of doing that. Yes, it would have been faster had I made it real priority, but also chit like covid, $, visa changes, etc got in the way. Point being, if someone plans to do that, talk less, do more on that one as it often takes years or more and $ to do that. I was just about to get it all done last time, and Panama eliminated the perm Visa program I was going to use, putting back to square one.

Much of it depends on the country you want to have that footprint, but people should look at it in terms of years not months depending on their ability to focus on it time/travel wise and $.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Not exciting but, yup.

Buying quality things you can enjoy that retain value isn't a bad idea, either.

Keep enough in a simple bank account for emergencies so if you have to buy an appliance, do a repair, buy a vehicle, etc. You don't have to take out a loan and pay interest.

Feedback Score
    Based on your time horizon and to make life simple... Divide your money in 6mo, 12mo and 2yr CDs. Go online if you want a bit higher rate over what can typically be found at a local bank.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you need some kind of liquidity, there are money market savings accounts. Some pay a little over 5% interest. You get an ATM card, get a half dozen free transfers per month with linked accounts to other banks.

i.e: https://www.ufbdirect.com/Savings/uf...d-money-market
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 03-29-23 at 09:51.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    If you need some kind of liquidity, there are money market savings accounts. Some pay a little over 5% interest. You get an ATM card, get a half dozen free transfers per month with linked accounts to other banks.

i.e: https://www.ufbdirect.com/Savings/uf...d-money-market
    5% is pretty darn good. Right now in NASA fed savings making crap all. Just put some $ into a 6m and 9m certificate making close to 5%.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-30-23 at 13:27.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast