Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of talk, time to hit back

Feedback Score

Lots of talk, time to hit back

So as time has passed and I’ve sent emails and letters to my politicians/reps, been to rally’s, attended town halls, stopped buying certain products or watching anything with certain actors/actresses, stopped shopping in certain stores, and on and on. I feel a little better but understand it has very little impact. I seriously doubt “woks cola” has noticed that I haven’t purchased one of their products in years and also reasonably sure that Target, Starbucks, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and Netflix and Disney, etc. haven’t been asking themselves about profit losses in the southern New Jersey area.

However, great idea on Matt Walsh’s show after seeing the latest round of corporate world giving us the finger with the Bud Light can having that fool’s picture on it who has been playing little girl dress up for over a year now and then the Jack Daniels thing with the drag queens…time to start picking these companies that rely on conservatives for their business, preferably headquartered in conservative areas as it would most likely mean that they have a majority of employees who would agree with my (our?) stance that this gender bending has no place in their company, and make a concerted effort to affect their bottom line.

I vote that we start with Jack and spread the word as far and as wide as possible that purchasing JD is the same as saying that it’s okay to have some delusional freak get his sexual jollies by parading around nearly naked, while pretending to be a woman, in front of our children.

As he said in the episode, the left has done this for years and you see how the corporate world has jumped when the left tells them to, like a brainwashed puppy. I think the idea is terrific and collectively, I would imagine that a company like Jack Daniels would hate to lose the business of everyone who buys their whiskey but thinks that men are men and women are women and that gender bending has no place being forced upon society through social pressure.

What sayeth the M4C community?
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    I think it is more complex than that. Of course that would work, but in reality, the left uses the MSM to amplify their message by orders of magnitude. A couple of dozen people outside a companies headquarters or now a bot storm of tweets creates (or really allows the press to say) that there is a groundswell of sentiment.

Actual sales are not the issue, not really. It is the perception- and the stock price. What you truly need to do leverage the stock market and use that to self-finance this. Short the stock before your attack, and then as the stock dips, make your money.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I think it is more complex than that. Of course that would work, but in reality, the left uses the MSM to amplify their message by orders of magnitude. A couple of dozen people outside a companies headquarters or now a bot storm of tweets creates (or really allows the press to say) that there is a groundswell of sentiment.

Actual sales are not the issue, not really. It is the perception- and the stock price. What you truly need to do leverage the stock market and use that to self-finance this. Short the stock before your attack, and then as the stock dips, make your money.
    That does sound a lot more in depth than my initial thoughts on the subject. However, without getting that deep:

i don’t know how long the average whiskey drinker/drinking household takes to go through a bottle but I would have to assume that if there was a concerted effort, local liquor stores would start to have a lot of Jack sitting on their shelves. At some point, most would stop stocking up as it would be piling up in the back of the store no? Again, an overly simplistic view, but on a large scale, I am reasonably sure that JD would notice and have to do something to recoup, if for no other reason than to properly represent the shareholders.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think your baseline assumption is faulty. The majority of the customers of these companies either aren't all that offended by these corporate actions or they outright support them.

Just because the MAGA bubble loses their shit and Kid Rock blasts some Bud Light for attention doesn't mean that the millions of hipsters and doofuses that actually drink Bud Light give two shits that there is a tranny on the canny. Same thing for Jack and all the rest.

Anyway, do your thing, but don't be too surprised if no one really cares. Disney, Dicks, Nike, Levi's...All doing just fine after the conservative boycotts. InBev stock is more or less unchanged since the Kid Rock stunt, and is up 10% over the last month.

You're fighting a culture war that we lost 20+ years ago...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    I think your baseline assumption is faulty. The majority of the customers of these companies either aren't all that offended by these corporate actions or they outright support them.

Just because the MAGA bubble loses their shit and Kid Rock blasts some Bud Light for attention doesn't mean that the millions of hipsters and doofuses that actually drink Bud Light give two shits that there is a tranny on the canny. Same thing for Jack and all the rest.

Anyway, do your thing, but don't be too surprised if no one really cares. Disney, Dicks, Nike, Levi's...All doing just fine after the conservative boycotts. InBev stock is more or less unchanged since the Kid Rock stunt, and is up 10% over the last month.

You're fighting a culture war that we lost 20+ years ago...
    This is where the idea of concentrating on one company at a time seems to hold water. Small pockets of conservative minded folks sort of haphazardly not buying something, sometimes, is going to do nothing but if everyone we could reach stopped buying a certain, one in particular, product for a prolonged period, it seems the effect would be felt.

Or we can continue to do nothing, with no particular plan, continue to watch the culture devolve and whine about the other side cheating its way to election wins to further solidify these positions of insanity. That seems to be working out well for the country.

Feedback Score

Better off dead

Anyone remember the movie, “Better off Dead?” Line from the film was something like “all you need is a little taste of success. I think it will suit you.”

That’s what I want. Another taste of success. Getting Trump into office in 2016 was a great feeling. I want more of that and so far, whatever it is that “we” are doing, isn’t working. So, when someone comes up with something that resembles a tactic, a strategy, I’m all ears and even if it’s not foolproof, I’m willing to give the stuff that’s at least reasonably coherent a try.
    Last edited by rocsteady; 04-07-23 at 11:41.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Except that these companies intimately know their customer base and their addressable market. If conservatives made up enough of their customer base to move the needle, they'd already be catering to us.

But they're not.

Which is a pretty good clue that you not being a customer isn't a huge concern for their bottom line. Get woke, go broke is a lie. They all got woke, none of them went broke.

If you really want to do something, find a way to take advantage of the entitlement machine and get your slice of the free pie before it all comes crashing down...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Look, man, I get it...You're frustrated and you want to do something. But at the same time, there is some serenity in accepting that some things just can't change.

We blew the corner, went through the guard rail, and over the cliff. At this point, no amount of screaming and jerking the wheel is going to change our fate. Gravity and entropy always win.

So instead of stewing, go live the best life you can. Have fun with your kids if you have any. Shoot your rifles while you're able. Live life. Get some free shit. Visit your local dispensary and check out for the afternoon. Drink some damn Jack if that's your thing.

At this point, the saddest outcome would be to end up like some old Japanese man who spent the best years of his life sneaking around the jungles of the Philippines in tattered rags fighting a war that's been over for decades.

You might think this is defeatist, and that's fine. It's realist, though.

Feedback Score
    I'm tired of being on the side that's held accountable.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Look, man, I get it...You're frustrated and you want to do something. But at the same time, there is some serenity in accepting that some things just can't change.

We blew the corner, went through the guard rail, and over the cliff. At this point, no amount of screaming and jerking the wheel is going to change our fate. Gravity and entropy always win.

So instead of stewing, go live the best life you can. Have fun with your kids if you have any. Shoot your rifles while you're able. Live life. Get some free shit. Visit your local dispensary and check out for the afternoon. Drink some damn Jack if that's your thing.

At this point, the saddest outcome would be to end up like some old Japanese man who spent the best years of his life sneaking around the jungles of the Philippines in tattered rags fighting a war that's been over for decades.

You might think this is defeatist, and that's fine. It's realist, though.
    Getting a lot similar advice from other avenues as well. I’m starting to think that I should just allow myself to be dragged, kicking and screaming at first, into that mindset and just enjoy what there is to enjoy. I do have kids and I’ve heard that no one on their deathbed says, “I wished I had worked more.”

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast