Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vortex 1-6 Razor v Strike Eagle

Feedback Score

Vortex 1-6 Razor v Strike Eagle

I know there is a difference in quality but is there a $800 difference in quality? Im looking for a good scope for my HD rifle.
    Last edited by hotbiggun42; 03-23-23 at 19:18.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    The razor is worth the extra 800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markmiela View Post
    The razor is worth the extra 800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is it just a difference in glass quality?
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    There are plenty of videos on YouTube that’ll tell you it’s not just glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The better comparison should be to the Viper PST Gen 2 1x6. $300 difference max.
    https://youtu.be/KbjhyAKJKf0
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Yeah strike eagle is way step down. Most say the viper is 80-90% of the razor's performance for $300-500 less price. I will say that through the scope video of the razor is impressive in all power ranges. For my needs, the viper does what I need.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Yeah strike eagle is way step down. Most say the viper is 80-90% of the razor's performance for $300-500 less price. I will say that through the scope video of the razor is impressive in all power ranges. For my needs, the viper does what I need.
    Im not opposed to the Viper.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Lot of used/new vipers floating around out there for $500. Watch eurooptics for sales and demo models.

Feedback Score
    I'd definitely go Viper over Strike Eagle, and if you can swing it, the Razor line of scopes are very high quality and worth the cost.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Reticle and drops were great on the Strike Eagle. I much prefer it over the PST Gen II as well as Razor in that regard. I found it a lot faster and easier to pick up at speed/transitions. Yes the Razor and PST have “better glass”, but reticle and weight of Strike Eagle outweigh it. Make no mistake, the Razor 1-6 is one of the best 1x options out there as well as field of view/disappearing ocular housing. BUT in practice/on the clock I didn’t find the difference between Strike Eagle to be worth the money. I competed with Kahles k16, Razor 1-6, and Strike Eagle in multiple seasons of 2-Gun and am basing my comments off that, ymmv.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 03-24-23 at 14:59.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast