Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vortex 1-6 Razor v Strike Eagle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Reticle and drops were great on the Strike Eagle. I much prefer it over the PST Gen II as well as Razor in that regard. I found it a lot faster and easier to pick up at speed/transitions. Yes the Razor and PST have “better glass”, but reticle and weight of Strike Eagle outweigh it. Make no mistake, the Razor 1-6 is one of the best 1x options out there as well as field of view/disappearing ocular housing. BUT in practice/on the clock I didn’t find the difference between Strike Eagle to be worth the money. I competed with Kahles k16, Razor 1-6, and Strike Eagle in multiple seasons of 2-Gun and am basing my comments off that, ymmv.
    That's essentially where I'm at. I like the reticle on the Strike Eagle far more than on the Viper, and don't notice enough of a difference on the glass to justify using an inferior (IMO) reticle.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We see a Strike Eagle fail in one way or another at almost every Run N Gun match I attend. Listen to the guys pushing you to Viper or higher.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There are a metric ton of good scope options on the market with different reticle and MIL/MOA combinations other than Vortex. Some are even reasonably priced.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    The better comparison should be to the Viper PST Gen 2 1x6. $300 difference max.
    https://youtu.be/KbjhyAKJKf0
    The Viper PST 1-6x is great, and honestly does 90% of the job of the Razer 1-6 at half the cost.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    There are a metric ton of good scope options on the market with different reticle and MIL/MOA combinations other than Vortex. Some are even reasonably priced.
    Im listening.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt in TN View Post
    We see a Strike Eagle fail in one way or another at almost every Run N Gun match I attend. Listen to the guys pushing you to Viper or higher.
    Fail in what way(s)?
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    Im listening.
    At the risk of sounding like a salesman.......I've said it before, so I'll say it again. The Burris RT-6 pretty much blows them all away at its price point. The only drawback to that scope, depending on what reticle you want / like is the mushy knobs that are fine for fingers but hard to feel wearing gloves. If you wait for a sale you can pick one up for around 3 bills.

You'll thank me later.

Now back to watching yet another shooting thread I have zero interest in fly by my screen at 100MPH.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 03-28-23 at 12:18.

Feedback Score
    At the risk of sounding like a salesman.......I've said it before, so I'll say it again. The Burris RT-6 pretty much blows them all away at its price point. The only drawback to that scope, depending on what reticle you want / like is the mushy knobs that are fine for fingers but hard to feel wearing gloves. If you wait for a sale you can pick one up for around 3 bills.

You'll thank me later.

Now back to watching yet another shooting thread I have zero interest in fly by my screen at 100MPH.
    Well you sold me, ordered one today.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    Well you sold me, ordered one today.
    Post back with your impressions please. I predict you will like it a lot, but everyone is different. If you don't like it I'm interested to know what aspects you don't like.

Feedback Score
    Post back with your impressions please. I predict you will like it a lot, but everyone is different. If you don't like it I'm interested to know what aspects you don't like.
    I will, i read many reviews and they echoed your opinion on the Rt6
    Last edited by hotbiggun42; 04-11-23 at 15:05.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast