Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geissele 16" CHF

Feedback Score
    I had the same concerns with my 14.5 SD complete upper and it turned out to be perfect, other than the weight over my BCM and DD's it's become my go-to. Had it out this weekend in 17 degree temps and the snow and the thing just ran, about 1200k rds with no issues what so ever thus far.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    N of 1, I had a new M4 I had to mortar probably a half dozen times in the first week I had it issued.

Pretty sure Colt, 2011.

G isn't the only company that puts out an occasional dud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I had the same concerns with my 14.5 SD complete upper and it turned out to be perfect, other than the weight over my BCM and DD's it's become my go-to. Had it out this weekend in 17 degree temps and the snow and the thing just ran, about 1200k rds with no issues what so ever thus far.
    1200k, huh? So 1.2 million? That's impressive.
    Last edited by Caduceus; 03-27-23 at 19:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    1200k, huh? So 1.2 million? That's impressive.
    Yes I'm an impressive guy, as this is the internet, and I am a part of said internet where people never make mistakes, it was 1.2million maybe even 1 million, 2 hundred thousand and 3. The only rifle ever to go over that in round count that I am aware of was a Palmetto State Armory upper with that sweet, sweet FN barrel made to the exact specs as BCM (According to some guy on TOS), and now if you need me, I'm going to go back to writing speeches for Vice President Harris
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by e z money; 03-28-23 at 07:00.

Feedback Score
    I decided not to use the Geissele barrel for this build. What attracted me to the G barrel was the contour and that it has 1/7 twist, CHF, chrome linned, and 5.56 chamber. I like the taper contour. I really like the contour of the Criterion Core but it is 1/8 with Wylde chamber. I took Molon's review of the Geissele barrels into consideration and I also decided that I wanted the gas block pinned. After talking to the local gunsmith about the price of pinning the gas block, I decided to get a Daniel Defense barrel. I got it for the same price as the stripped G barrel but the DD barrel comes with a pinned gas block. I know there are probably other options or ways to go about doing this. I guess what I am looking for is a 16" CHF chrome lined 1/7 twist, phosphate finish, 4150 V, 5.56 chamber with a taper contour like a Criterion Core or Geissele taper profile (not a lightweight or pencil), and comes shipped with a pinned gas block for less than $400. The Daniel Defense barrel I am going to use is a government profile but fits all the other criteria. Also I hear that these barrels are fairly accurate. I think Black River would be another option but the hammer forged with a pinned gas block cost more than the Daniel Defense barrel that I purchased. Next time I might use a Black River barrel.
    Last edited by e z money; 06-02-23 at 18:34.

Feedback Score
    Wait until Noveske goes on sale & buy that

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    All of mine too, and a few dozen other complete guns and uppers. No mods or "improvements", GTG ammo.
    PBs gun even shot that Fukked up AAC ammo longer than any other AR before malfing. It's a good gun.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    PBs gun even shot that Fukked up AAC ammo longer than any other AR before malfing. It's a good gun.
    Which AAC ammo vexed you guys? I've got some of the 77 sitting here unshot....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Which AAC ammo vexed you guys? I've got some of the 77 sitting here unshot....
    The 77s. I have some real time in trying to un-screw that stuff. Thought I had it licked at a 1.2 gr powder reduction, but it started malfunctioning again. Back to the chrono, and the ammo is shooting too hot still.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The 77s. I have some real time in trying to un-screw that stuff. Thought I had it licked at a 1.2 gr powder reduction, but it started malfunctioning again. Back to the chrono, and the ammo is shooting too hot still.drift boss
    Have you fixed this problem yet? I also have the problem that the bullet is overheating but I really don't know how to fix it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast