Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geissele 16" CHF

Feedback Score

Geissele 16" CHF

I've been reading about problems with the Geissele 16" CHF barrels. Molon stated in his review of the barrel that the gas port was .062 and IIRC that review was atleast a year ago. I see that on the Geissele website they list the barrel having a .078 gas port. Does anyone know if they have fixed previous issues with the barrels, are the barrels good now?

Feedback Score
    I have (5) Geissele Super Duty uppers. Some are full Geissele rifles, some are just uppers on other lowers. They range from 10.3-16”. I shoot them all at least once a month and at least 100-150 rds per training session. They all shoot splendidly and I’ve never had a single problem. My good friend owns an 11.5 SBR and a 10.3 URGI and his experience mirrors mine. There was a batch a while back with short chambers and undersized ports. It’s fixed. If you get one and it doesn’t work, they’ll fix it. Geissele builds an excellent rifle. I wouldn’t hesitate to try one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    I have (5) Geissele Super Duty uppers. Some are full Geissele rifles, some are just uppers on other lowers. They range from 10.3-16”. I shoot them all at least once a month and at least 100-150 rds per training session. They all shoot splendidly and I’ve never had a single problem. My good friend owns an 11.5 SBR and a 10.3 URGI and his experience mirrors mine. There was a batch a while back with short chambers and undersized ports. It’s fixed. If you get one and it doesn’t work, they’ll fix it. Geissele builds an excellent rifle. I wouldn’t hesitate to try one.
    If I remember correctly, there were issues with the barrels that were sold individually as opposed to the super duty uppers/rifles

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAMP84 View Post
    If I remember correctly, there were issues with the barrels that were sold individually as opposed to the super duty uppers/rifles
    Undersized chambers were in complete guns and uppers. I don’t believe I saw any complete uppers with gas port issues.

Stand alone barrels had gas port issues. I don’t know if any stand alone barrels has chamber issues.

I put a few more mags through my 11.5 today. Haven’t really shot it much since it got repaired for the chamber issue but it’s functioned perfectly through several mags so I’m confident in saying they fixed mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I bought a stand alone barrel about a month ago from a company that sells a lot of barrels so I think it's probably a newer barrel. Maybe I don't have anything to worry about. I have not built the rifle yet.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought a holly grail rifle, mine has been very accurate and very well gassed. I hope your runs just as well. It shocked me to hear of all the issues, I would have bought another upper if I didn’t hear of all their issues.

Keep us posted on your guns guys, good and bad. I would hope they got their shit together.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    On the bright side, I got a mk16 blemula for about half the regular price and I can not find a single flaw on it. It's beautiful.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Seems like most blems are rarely blems. If at all. I wondered many times if they just have overruns and want to score some quick cash, werks!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I bought a holly grail rifle, mine has been very accurate and very well gassed.
    All of mine too, and a few dozen other complete guns and uppers. No mods or "improvements", GTG ammo.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast