Thread: M231 Firing Port Weapon

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

M231 Firing Port Weapon

Anyone building clones of these, any demand for the handguards? I think I just picked up 4 sets at a gun show.

Just to add a few more details, these are from a surplus auction and were in a plastic bag with a label marked qty 8 and some part numbers, 5 of the halves look to be new with a dull finish, the other 3 are used and have the early M16 shiny finish and have some cracking so likely when they were replaced the bad ones went in the bag.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 03-25-23 at 16:09.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sounds different.

Post a pic!
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I will try to post some photos but I don't think I can, I have some attachments in old locked threads that I can't delete and I believe I am over my limit on photos. If anyone wants I can send some photos.

Attachment 70013
    Last edited by mack7.62; 03-25-23 at 16:40.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The Bradley guys in our battery used those.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I think these also fit the Colt 633 DOE 9mm carbine.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I will try to post some photos but I don't think I can, I have some attachments in old locked threads that I can't delete and I believe I am over my limit on photos. If anyone wants I can send some photos.

Attachment 70013
    Never seen an upper in person and that's the first time I have seen the handguards removed.

The receiver extension and butt stock(at least I think they were original) seemed to be fairly common at Knob Creek and and various parts places back in the mid 1990s.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm going to watch the progress on this one, had to look that one up on the ol Google

Feedback Score
    Ian ("Gun Jesus") has an 11-minute review of this weapon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuZmAtrRsN0

Quite interesting.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!