Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Recommend me some Submarine movies.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Do you read? Its difficult for me to watch movies anymore, I much prefer books now. So much more entertaining and suspenseful. I enjoy military thriller novels and although I haven't read one revolving around a submarine yet, I'm sure there are plenty good ones out there.
    I wish I did, it is one of my many short comings I need to address.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Some years ago, I toured USS Pampanito, a Balao class boat from WW2 tied up to the dock in SF. It was a very cool experience to say the least. I was struck by the cramped space, with diesel fumes all through the boat. Rocking gently in the bay, I realized if this damn thing sinks, there's no way I'm getting out before I drown like a rat. I can't imagine the testicular fortitude it must have taken to sail one of those across the Pacific, into combat. Thank you all for your service, sincerely.
    We have the USS Blueback (SS-581), a Barbel-class submarine, that served from 1959 to 1990 here at OMSI in Portland. She was the last non-nuclear submarine to join the United States Navy and was the final conventionally powered combat capable submarine to be decommissioned. She also appearing in "The Hunt for Red October". I have taken the tour a couple times with my kids when their were young.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345