Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tested 3 each 45acp guns for felt recoil.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Tested 3 each 45acp guns for felt recoil.

I ran my Sig legion 220 in a match week before last and the recoil was just special. And we shot it at the ranch and thought damn, that high bore axis is killing us.

So I thought why don’t we load a bunch of mags and test felt recoil of my Sig 220, HK45 and the Gold Standard TRP 1911. Really thought the 1911 would blow away the other two in felt recoil. But it was maybe a little better, just maybe but more than anything it just felt like shooting 45’s.

May try again some day, because shooting 45’s is still big fun. Go shoot your 45’s fellas.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn, something is wrong. I love shooting 220's, to me they are certainly not harsh recoiling with ammo loaded to major pf.

What recoil spring are you using and how many rounds on it?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No question that shooting a lot of 9mm pistols over the last year effed up my pistol shooting badly. I'd agree with PB on the bore axis being the likely variable. And the 220 wasn't terribly harder to control, but there was a little more whip.

I need to sling some 40 and 45 ACP more often to keep me at least half able to run a decent pistol.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I need to sling some 40 and 45 ACP more often to keep me at least half able to run a decent pistol.
    Murican?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Murican?
    To the BONE!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think it’s just you start to suck shooting big boys after ripping 9’s with beautiful Stacatto’s and full
    Sized Legion 226 guns.

I also think it is great practice and forces you to concentrate more on grip etc fundamentals that help you when you get back on your 9’s.

My buddy video’d me shooting the match and it didn’t look like the gun was getting away from me but I would start to lose my support hand just a scootch.

It’s all good practice and the key is to keep
    Slinging rounds.

PB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The 45s make the Staccato SO easy. I'm torn if that's good or bad. There's guys who say shooting different pistols/calibers is bad. (SIMP, I think they used to call it?) But I'm thinking a monthly dose of 45 ACP will keep me half proficient.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yessssss.

We do a Fōty Five match every couple months. It helps to justify the amount of $$ wrapped up in custom 1911’s sitting in the safes.
    And I’ll ditto the P220/.45 ACP “muzzle hop”/ height of barrel above web of hand thing PB.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My first handgun was a mid-90s SIG P220/45. Back when I was young I shot the crap out of that pistol; during the AWB I figured 7-8 of 45 was better than 10x9MM.

I still have it but it has to be at least 2-3 years since I shot it, or any of my other 45s (HK45C and stock Colt 1911). I have about 150rds of Winchester RA45T but burned through my 45 FMJs and haven't replenished. We are definitely in the "9MM for all things" era, especially if you are paying your own way.

Need to get one of them out soon after I snag some 45 ammo or start reloading.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    It helps to justify the amount of $$ wrapped up in custom 1911’s sitting in the safes.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Need to get one of them out soon after I snag some 45 ammo or start reloading.
    I need 50 hours per week for 3 months straight to catch up on all reloading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast