Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Protests in Israel

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am WAY outside my wheelhouse here, but isn't the issue that the Israeli Supreme Court basically appoints it's own replacements? Basically, it would be as iif the US supreme court got to pick its own members. Right now we would love it but 40-50 years ago the Warren court would do nothing but pick commie judges. Again, I am just trying to understand the issue.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Our left-right doesn’t translate overseas- which makes the elitists that try to use Facist and NeoNazi over here even odder.

Got a buddy in Italy. Even commies in Italy think that Italy is awesome, only our leftists are the ones that try to take down their home country, lock stock and barrel.

Scotland is like out South, but it is more progressive than the rest of the country, as far as I can tell. Maybe just more anti-English and Royal than anything, but each country has its own quirks.
    I used to feel that way. But I see a lot of right wingers shitting on the country, pretty constantly. But I agree, 20 years ago the right was pretty patriotic no matter who was president but it was your commie left and Oliver Stone types that were always attacking the country.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I am WAY outside my wheelhouse here, but isn't the issue that the Israeli Supreme Court basically appoints it's own replacements? Basically, it would be as iif the US supreme court got to pick its own members. Right now we would love it but 40-50 years ago the Warren court would do nothing but pick commie judges. Again, I am just trying to understand the issue.
    As I understand it they have a 9 seat committee that selects all judges. Simple majority vote for most judges, 7 votes needed for Supreme Court. To put it in US terms it would be the made up of: Chief Justice and 2 other SCOTUS Justices, Attorney General and 1 other Cabinet Member, 2 from Congress (1 majority/1 minority), and 2 from the Bar Association. So at worst the majority party has 3 votes out of 9. I think.

Feedback Score
    The problem with the court is two fold. First we have no checks and balance on the court. Second we have no checks and balance on who is selected to become judges. So left wing judges back in the 80's or 90's started appointing leftist judges and it just kept going farther left.

The main problem is Bibi. Bibi is a corrupt piece of garbage, married to a corrupt piece of garbage.( wife has been charged and plead it out)

The court needs reform, but many people think Bibi is pushing it to in the end throw out any potential conviction for corruption. The biggest area of corruption in Israel is weapons purchased from other countries. This has been going on probably since before we had a state. Israel purchased submarines from Germany and it was investigated and so many big shots got pay offs they couldn't go after them as we would have lost too many leaders in Knesset and IDF.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah. That's the french aversion to work. Totally different.
    Well you can't take the "workers union" out of the french.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    The problem with the court is two fold. First we have no checks and balance on the court. Second we have no checks and balance on who is selected to become judges. So left wing judges back in the 80's or 90's started appointing leftist judges and it just kept going farther left.

The main problem is Bibi. Bibi is a corrupt piece of garbage, married to a corrupt piece of garbage.( wife has been charged and plead it out)

The court needs reform, but many people think Bibi is pushing it to in the end throw out any potential conviction for corruption. The biggest area of corruption in Israel is weapons purchased from other countries. This has been going on probably since before we had a state. Israel purchased submarines from Germany and it was investigated and so many big shots got pay offs they couldn't go after them as we would have lost too many leaders in Knesset and IDF.
    Is corruption in general a big problem in Israel?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    A son of Bibi went to a whore house with his Shabak body guard bang a hooker refused to pay and thought his security should get him out of the jam.
    Must be Hunter Biden's best friend.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah. That's the french aversion to work. Totally different.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I believe the French are protesting the changing of the retirement age.
    The French are protesting because the change in retirement age would have failed to pass their legislature, so Macron used a rare "wild card" provision in their constitution to pass his desired changes into law without a legislative vote. Basically tin pot dictator stuff, but technically legal there. This caused predictable rage. There was a "no confidence" vote but unfortunately he survived it, though only by a few votes.

The French are suffering from foreign-controlled globalists manipulating their system to turn everyone into serfs, much like in the US and most other western countries. They are a little more active about protesting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Is corruption in general a big problem in Israel?
    No more than in the USA.

Don't try to bribe a cop in Israel. But generals and political types are for sale some cheaper than others.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I used to feel that way. But I see a lot of right wingers shitting on the country, pretty constantly. But I agree, 20 years ago the right was pretty patriotic no matter who was president but it was your commie left and Oliver Stone types that were always attacking the country.

Most Consevatives i know love this country but feel the US .gov has lost its way.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast