Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville school shooting

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    I'm not sure how old you are but years ago they were gay and no one knew unless they knew.
    These days it is encouraged and so in your face it is offensive.

When my then 3 year old grandson asks why two men are kissing at Walmart, it is now my business and my problem.

Encouraging that type of behavior allowed those that are confused as to which bathroom to use (yesterday's shooter) to run wild and be themselves and here we are.

I don't care who sleeps with who if they do so without my knowledge, when its in my face, again here we are.
    I don’t disagree. It really is a slippery slope.
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Don't worry Im sure the FBI is all over it, after they deal with all the Jan 6 grandmas and PTA meetings. Not like they've making threats online for years or anything.

Is that her in the pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post

No, this is a different mentally deranged psychopath wannabe.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Look at this comment! Those people are not even people, they’re Frankenstein with serious issues

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Officer with the AR had a variable low power scope and maybe a Vickers sling.

Officer that delivered the final volley of shots with his Glock had a red dot on it.

They didn't wait for a shield either.
    It appears to be a Vortex Razor 1-6. Can't tell you if the reticle is MRAD, MOA, or JM-1 !!!

Very nice optic on Officer Engelbert's duty carbine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post

It looks like Zarana from the Dreadnoks ......

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    No, this is a different mentally deranged psychopath wannabe.
    Seems like this has caused a lot of them to come out of the woodwork. Which means we really do need to be concerned that this might become a trend, an accepted form of protest. With the suicide rate for the "T" members of the Alphabet people as high as it is, getting shot might not be the deterrent it would otherwise be.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    It appears to be a Vortex Razor 1-6. Can't tell you if the reticle is MRAD, MOA, or JM-1 !!!

Very nice optic on Officer Engelbert's duty carbine.
    I am not a SME on anything related to this event, but I did watch the video a few times and made some observations:

1. Off. Englebert's optic was probably a Vortex Razor 1-6x, and the mount was probably a Scalarworks high mount. This is a good setup for "heads up" movement and shooting. I can't be sure if the LPVO was set for 1x or 1.5x, but probably 1x.

2. There were a couple of moments where I thought he might have had a short throw safety.

3. Off. Englebert's safety protocols were excellent. The firearm is on safe most of the time, actually, almost all of the time. It appears that when making his final approach down the hall to the common room he takes the rifle off safe, then decides it is too early and resafes the rifle, than takes it off safe about 10-15 feet before the corner. After shooting, the rifle went right back to safe.

4. I am not sure about the sling type, but it looks like a standard two point. After retrieving the rifle from the trunk, Off. Englebert loops the sling over his head, then passes his left arm through (the standard sling position for a right hander using a two point). At some point, I did not see it, he appears to have pulled his left arm back through the sling so it is only looped over his head and supported by his neck. I assume that this was in preparation for transferring the rifle to his left shoulder if the situation called for it. Evidently it did not. Just after he shoots and the killer is down, he passes his left arm though again. Again, excellent preparation for the type of situation he was in (i.e., hallways with corners).

5. I also assume he was using an offset RDS throughout the search and final confrontation. The camera almost never shows what the right side of his rifle looks like, but the cant to the left suggests he was using an offset on the right side. Did anyone see this differently?
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    After watching the video that was provided, it obvious that the officers acted with incredible courage without hesitation. There's no telling how many lives they saved. This is not a criticism of these officers, but 14 minutes from call to the murderer being dead is not acceptable. The response time should be measured in seconds, not minutes. An armed officer or teacher with the right mindset on the campus would have likely saved more lives. Last year I spoke with the principal of the high school that's near my business. He said that their armed campus officer can get from any point on their campus to any other point on the campus in less than a minute. This is the type of response time that's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective?
    A person who thinks that they are of a gender that doesn't coincide with their actual gender is by definition mentally defective. However, they are told that others who will not accept and go along with their delusion are not only bigots, they are literally a threat to their existence. A key word here is adjudicated. Until a court rules such, the most mentally defective person in the world is not blocked from purchasing a firearm by this question. BTW, "mentally defective" has nothing to do with being prone to violence. I have a friend who fell and suffered brain damage. Because his wife had to take legal responsibility for him, he is considered mentally defective even though he has almost fully recovered and is now perfectly capable of taking care of himself. As a result, he can no longer own firearms. Meanwhile, nutjobs like this one can purchase guns without issue.

They changed the 4473 to include non-binary, something which literally does not exist. If the point of providing identifying information is to be able to identify people, then why allow data which hinders that? If they added an option to select cross dresser, that would at least make some sense because it would help identification.

Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I did some cross training with MNPD years ago and all the officers I came in contact were good dudes, squared away. We hired two officers from there and both were outstanding guys. Watching that video tells me they are still locked on as it didn’t look like any of them were standing around wondering what to do. Kudos to those officers.
    Training is obviously important, but even more important is the culture that the officers are a part of. They didn't hesitate because they had trust in each other and knew that failing to act without hesitation would not have been acceptable. In other school shootings, that culture didn't exist for the officers and it literally cost victims their lives.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    After watching the video that was provided, it obvious that the officers acted with incredible courage without hesitation. There's no telling how many lives they saved. This is not a criticism of these officers, but 14 minutes from call to the murderer being dead is not acceptable. The response time should be measured in seconds, not minutes. An armed officer or teacher with the right mindset on the campus would have likely saved more lives. Last year I spoke with the principal of the high school that's near my business. He said that their armed campus officer can get from any point on their campus to any other point on the campus in less than a minute. This is the type of response time that's needed.

A person who thinks that they are of a gender that doesn't coincide with their actual gender is by definition mentally defective. However, they are told that others who will not accept and go along with their delusion are not only bigots, they are literally a threat to their existence. A key word here is adjudicated. Until a court rules such, the most mentally defective person in the world is not blocked from purchasing a firearm by this question. BTW, "mentally defective" has nothing to do with being prone to violence. I have a friend who fell and suffered brain damage. Because his wife had to take legal responsibility for him, he is considered mentally defective even though he has almost fully recovered and is now perfectly capable of taking care of himself. As a result, he can no longer own firearms. Meanwhile, nutjobs like this one can purchase guns without issue.

They changed the 4473 to include non-binary, something which literally does not exist. If the point of providing identifying information is to be able to identify people, then why allow data which hinders that? If they added an option to select cross dresser, that would at least make some sense because it would help identification.

Training is obviously important, but even more important is the culture that the officers are a part of. They didn't hesitate because they had trust in each other and knew that failing to act without hesitation would not have been acceptable. In other school shootings, that culture didn't exist for the officers and it literally cost victims their lives.
    And a good quality security film might've prevented her from ever reaching any victims to shoot. At this point, security film on windows and door glass should be a staple of CPTED, not to mention it's benefits in tornado prone areas.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast