Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville school shooting

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    And they're all using Discord to influence this type of behavior.
    Unfortunately there is indeed "discord" in this country, 'cause while some may seek to stoke the fires or widen the gulf even more, we do actually have VERY different opinions on how things should go. Enough so that I can feel quite confident to say that roughly half this country has their head firmly planted up their ass. Yeah, they may say the same about us but I don't GAF. I know who's on the correct side of history, and it isn't the Left.

This is a divided country, and I proudly stand on one side. "Compromise" only goes the Leftist way (i.e. they get something and you not only don't get any-damn-thing but you give up more rights). Nah, I have no desire to join hands and sing kumbaya......quite the contrary, fvck them and the Prius's they rode in on.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Regarding police response time.

This is a private school. If it is like many others with which I am familiar, they operate on a restrictive budget and paying for an on site, dedicated security guard may be out of the grounds of possibility. My son’s preschool has a guy with armor and a Glock with mag extensions. My daughter’s school? No one unless there is an administrator armed. And though my state does have a “scholarship” program, most states do not, and it doesn’t apply to everyone, and some schools refuse any state funds.
    I don't think TN law criminalizes private school employees being armed so(based on the choice of 1st target instead of others on her list and mom's anti 2a statements) the school possibly owns that end of it.

If anyone there had been armed there is no reason she shouldn't have been found shot in the vestibule considering she didn't exactly breeze right in.

Feedback Score
    Past two years kill count:

Gender confused: 11
    Insurrectionists: -1
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    The media isn’t reporting this (no surprise) , but the murderer was born male, pretended to be female for a while, and then attempted to become male again. I consider myself relatively socially liberal. I don’t really care what you’re in to. I treat everyone with respect and kindness unless given cause to do otherwise. Really more of a live let live policy. But there is no way someone with that much self hate and internal struggle needs to have access to firearms.
    Last edited by DoubleW; 03-30-23 at 05:17.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I don't think TN law criminalizes private school employees being armed so(based on the choice of 1st target instead of others on her list and mom's anti 2a statements) the school possibly owns that end of it.

If anyone there had been armed there is no reason she shouldn't have been found shot in the vestibule considering she didn't exactly breeze right in.
    Correct. My wife teaches at a private Christian school and they explicitly allow any employees with a ccw to carry on campus. After the murders in Nashville they sent a memo out to all employees reaffirming that decision.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Unfortunately there is indeed "discord" in this country, 'cause while some may seek to stoke the fires or widen the gulf even more, we do actually have VERY different opinions on how things should go. Enough so that I can feel quite confident to say that roughly half this country has their head firmly planted up their ass. Yeah, they may say the same about us but I don't GAF. I know who's on the correct side of history, and it isn't the Left.

This is a divided country, and I proudly stand on one side. "Compromise" only goes the Leftist way (i.e. they get something and you not only don't get any-damn-thing but you give up more rights). Nah, I have no desire to join hands and sing kumbaya......quite the contrary, fvck them and the Prius's they rode in on.
    For all those that haven’t caught on yet-despite all the information out there including social media posts, etc…- the degenerate Left wants everyone on the Right either submissive or dead. There is no compromise or middle ground with that.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    The media isn’t reporting this (no surprise) , but the murderer was born male, pretended to be female for a while, and then attempted to become male again. I consider myself relatively socially liberal. I don’t really care what you’re in to. I treat everyone with respect and kindness unless given cause to do otherwise. Really more of a live let live policy. But there is no way someone with that much self hate and internal struggle needs to have access to firearms.
    Not saying I am doubting you, but do you have any sources for this? I have heard born female but considered herself male? I am sure a lot of the confusion is coming from a lack of clear definitions and terms. I believe this lack of clear definitions is by design. Add into the lack of definitions/terms the complaints against the media and law enforcement for not using proper/preferred pronouns, then the media basically kowtowing and changing the gender identification in their stories to it becomes even less clear/more confusing. As stated above, I believe this is by design.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    I would never agree to banning anyone from firearms ownership due to gender dysphoria. Whether a specific person is demonstrating violent intentions is another issue, and knowing some anti gun therapist, police chief etc could remove my Const Rights based on their assessments does not sit well with me, and has slippery slope written all over it. It's a truly difficult issue to address between individual Rights and public safety. It seems obvious that sick POS didn't lack for signs she/he/they was a danger to others.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    This is exactly right. Look at the school. The decision was made to spend money on a really nice campus, buildings and a security system. They apparently also made the decision to not spend money on a campus security officer. It was a gamble that most likely cost lives. It seems to me that people who can be security officers and teach would be highly sought after.

Four years ago parents at my children's private Christian school put pressure on the administration and they finally hired a full-time security officer. He's former military and police. He trains with the local police department. Every school should have this at a minimum.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Per usual, makes solid points:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast