Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: LPVO sales gonna blow up?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I think a 1-10 would be a great optic for an AR10. Do you like the reticle for hunting? Definitely nice to shave weight too.
    The reticle is a little busy for hunting, especially in the pine forest of Northern WI and MN. I do a lot of public land where a lot of times I'm pushing the deer to one of the older guys in a stand or ground blind, which means walking within the edges of the woods to push the deer out into the small logged meadows created by the logging companies, which means going from heavily shadowed confined environments to brightly lit openings, and the Razor excels at this, even more so during the evenings or low light when the deer more prevalent. Most shots are within 100 yards, but every once in awhile you'll get a 250-300+ yard shot at dusk and that's when the 10x is really nice to have, as you need to identify if its a buck or a doe.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I have the Vortex Razor 1-10x and its a great optic on my AR10/308... I would never put it on an AR because the eye relief/ scope shadow at 10x is horrible for a general use optic. I would say that 1-6x/1-8x are better in this way, although the 1x is never as good as a red dot, and 8x is never as good as the top end of a decent 3-9x hunting scope. That being said it can literally do 1-6x or 1-8x that is packaged in a way that seems more user friendly and intuitive then a Eotech/ 6x magnifier. As far as the 10x optics goes, Brass Facts has a good video about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbKYBVEYpfk&t=1068s
    If you’re only problem is with the eye box on 10x, what’s stopping you from putting it on an AR and only dialing up to 8x except for when you can get perfectly into the et box for 10?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    what’s stopping you from putting it on an AR and only dialing up to 8x except for when you can get perfectly into the et box for 10x
    The money for another one, when I can get a decent 1-6x or 1-8x for cheaper. My BCM ELW has a cheap PA 1-6x SFP I keep saying I'm going to replace, and I just haven't because it honestly works decently for the times I bring it out and I keep expecting it to break and it hasn't, not to mention all the other things on my list to buy (gawd damn BE Meyers wanting $3k for a Mawl). Not saying that there isn't better out there, because I know there is, but for my little forest run and guns it works well, I also like the simpler reticle.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post

2:55 being the important part about LPVOs.

Press release of the incident: https://www.phoenix.gov/newsroom/police/1719
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    ^^^ that be it...

That, much more than Nashville, makes the case for LPVO.

When you watch the whole thing, the one cop initially on-scene is just yelling at the guy to put the kid down and narrating his actions from a distance. The cop with the LPVO rolls up, observes the guy aim the gun at the kid, dials up, and shoots him.

Ain't doing that at distance with a pistoli and is definitely a tougher shot unmagnified.
    Thanks guys, not sure how I missed that one. Awesome job indeed.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I put a 1-6x FFP LPVO on a 20” NM upper. Had it on a 16” that I built as a lightweight rifle… but the weight of the scope killed it, and I swapped in a SIG Romeo5. I think I really put it on so I could toss it back to 1x and not have to figure out backup irons. Also, I guess I could say, “I have a LPVO.”

While it is nice, will I buy another LPVO? Nope. Even after watching the Nashville body cam? Just isn’t something I need in my area.

There really isn’t a need for magnification. We don’t have a Super Walmart up here… even within parking lots, 100 yard shots would be far/few between. If I used my truck gun at any of the ports we staff… well within 100 yards. 75 yard shot, its going to be questioned or I’m shooting into Canada. Red dots work well enough for my needs. And if I really needed more visibility, I do have a magnifier. Do I run that on my truck gun? Nope… goes back to the point earlier, I’d have a hard time making a shot where the magnification would shine.

Even at work, we are pulling the ACOGs and EOTechs off and putting on Aimpoint PROs. I still feel that we made a major flaw dropping our shotguns, but I can see why Boston pulled them (they don’t trust us ).

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    The money for another one, when I can get a decent 1-6x or 1-8x for cheaper. My BCM ELW has a cheap PA 1-6x SFP I keep saying I'm going to replace, and I just haven't because it honestly works decently for the times I bring it out and I keep expecting it to break and it hasn't, not to mention all the other things on my list to buy (gawd damn BE Meyers wanting $3k for a Mawl). Not saying that there isn't better out there, because I know there is, but for my little forest run and guns it works well, I also like the simpler reticle.
    Fair points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456