Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVO sales gonna blow up?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I was in a LGS store the other day and looked at Sigs $2k LPVO then right beside it was a $400 one with pretty nice glass and a decent mount. I almost bought one because I do shit like that. Hell its no NF, but for the money it was nice.

I like my LPVO for mid ranges, very handy and 1X works fine for me. Not as fast as RDS, but certainly doable.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I setup an 11.5" for my son the way he wanted it. It has a 1-5 LVPO that it certainly daylight bright, and it has an enclosed RDS mounted offset on the right side on an Arisaka mount in the more upright of the 2 configurations. So it's actually more tucked in to the scope. I made fun of him a little for wanting a "video game gun," but I will say that despite it being a bit heavy, it's really fast and intuitive to lean the gun over a hair and use the RDS. When shooting his rifle, I find myself using the RDS a lot more than the LVPO out to 100 yards or so, unless I'm trying to make a more precise shot.

All that to say that I can certainly see why the officer used the offset RDS rather than the LVPO to make the shots he did. I would almost certainly have done the same.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    I watched the video multiple times. There was a a RMR mounted at a 90 degree angle on the passenger side of the rifle.
    I saw the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I was in a LGS store the other day and looked at Sigs $2k LPVO then right beside it was a $400 one with pretty nice glass and a decent mount. I almost bought one because I do shit like that. Hell its no NF, but for the money it was nice.

I like my LPVO for mid ranges, very handy and 1X works fine for me. Not as fast as RDS, but certainly doable.

PB
    If it is the Sig MSR 1x6 it is a decent one for the money I just recently picked, liked the clarity of the glass and reticle...I just hate all the Sig marketing plastered on it..lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tdc rangemaster View Post
    Due to the recent police camera footage out of Nashville I can see people that have been sitting on the fence on optic choices may have been convinced to drop the coin to improve their rifles. or am I just full of it.
    I don't know, but I am 100% sure you will be hearing the term "el pee vee oh" (LPVO) at gun stores, gun ranges, in video games, and probably everywhere else a LOT more now.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea...sure looks like he was using the offset. Logically this makes sense. Have a higher magnification on the LPVO set. Transition to 1x and magnified is quicker than adjusting lpvo or using a magnifier.

Some people would say why have an lpvo then? Ehhh....whatever floats your boat...if it works for you, then it works. Worked in this case pretty well.

I like a fixed micro prism with an offset. Accomplishes the same thing, without the weight or bulk. You just lose out on the higher magnification. Always a trade off.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am sure this will help sell them. Personally, I will take an acog over an lpvo and I have trained with both. Some hate the acog and I get it, but I still love it.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've got a few, put them on
    SCAR17
    12 gauge deer gun
    DD 16" middy
    Bushy .450
    Since I don't ever anticipate having to defend myself past 100 yards and don't deer hunt anymore I really have no need for any of them. Years back I thought they were a cool alternative so bought some to try them out.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, early in the video you can see an offset mini RDS on his rifle. Looks like an Acro.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperfrog View Post
    Yeah, early in the video you can see an offset mini RDS on his rifle. Looks like an Acro.
    It kind of looks like an Aimpoint Micro (or Holosun copy) to me...

Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast