Thread: M16/M4 trigger spring

Feedback Score

M16/M4 trigger spring

I received a number of free springs from a friend as they know I build. These are labeled a burst spring. Can anyone enlighten me why the spring has different diameters, and one arm is at an angle. They don't look like a tradional spring I've used before. Any help is appreciated.Screenshot_20230327_163825_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think the "ratchet"/"burst gear"/whatever it's name is... goes in the larger loop. I would imagine that the springs are worthless without that part because it'd flap around in the lower. I'm guessing at this because I don't have a burst lower to look at. Probably could google an image of it though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Fire control parts for a 3 rd burst are different than a semi or fa weapon. There is a ratchet gear in the burst control parts that one loop of the spring needs to fit over and it has a larger diameter hence the one side with a bigger loop.

Feedback Score
    While the loop on the right side is larger, and the leg angles are different, the A2 hammer spring will work in an A1/semi-auto, provided you keep the retaining groove of the trigger pin on the left side.

Feedback Score
    Oh, and by the way, the title of the thread is wrong the springs in question are hammer springs.