Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMT MRP MLOK upper issues

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

LMT MRP MLOK upper issues

Just got my LMT MRP MLOK upper in. It is tight and do I mean tight. So right that the take down pins need a good tap with a rubber hammer to get them in. Is this normal? I’ve never had a fit this tight on a build before. Also, the upper and lower don’t line up which to me is odd. It’s not a Franken build obviously so how could this be? Anyone else experience this?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    How are the receivers not lined up. Left/Right from the shooter's position? Forward/backward?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    This comes up often enough that they made a video about it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The LMT MWS guns we run definitely have tighter pins. But the alignment thing I don't get.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The LMT MWS guns we run definitely have tighter pins. But the alignment thing I don't get.
    More so the roll marks aren’t lining up. If I can figure out a way to post pics I’ll show everyone. What’s good to use to up load pics ? The site upload isn’t working for me .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Last edited by Krp7894; 03-29-23 at 13:40.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    LMT pins are tight, very tight. I keep a plastic punch handy on my bench. Its not uncommon for a franken gun to not line up. I have a couple I think. Hell even in the pic below its not perfect.

Crosseyedshooter, thanks for the video. I checked one of my 556 LMT MRP guns and you can see where the little nubs are kinda there but look sanded down and refinished on my gun, or they quit doing it. And my gun lines up well but that center bar is wider on my upper vs the lower, both LMT.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-29-23 at 18:12.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I bet dollars to donuts if you untorqued the screws holding the barrel in the front take down pin will move more freely. At least on my sample of 8 MRP uppers this is generally the case, once those screws are torqued they are tight on the front take down pin.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    LMT pins are tight, very tight. I keep a plastic punch handy on my bench. Its not uncommon for a franked gun to not line up. I have a couple I think.

PB
    Isn’t a franked gun one that would have an upper and lower of two different manufacturers? Would think any LMT upper and lower would line up. Although I’ve looked up a few rifles and I’ve seen that not only LMT line up anyway. Odd.

I’ll likely file a little off the bumpers once I install the barrel.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    I bet dollars to donuts if you untorqued the screws holding the barrel in the front take down pin will move more freely. At least on my sample of 8 MRP uppers this is generally the case, once those screws are torqued they are tight on the front take down pin.
    Freakin 8, well done rushca01.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast