Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are ALL the basic PSA lowers drilled and tapped for a standard Tensioning Screw?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Time View Post
    It doesn't improve accuracy but a rifle that flops like a rag doll is something I don't care for.
    Ditto

I have an Aero with it and appreciate it.
    I don't utilize the BHO screw or take down detent though.
    That seems a bit much.
    Belt and suspenders. On the other hand, better to have too much than not enough. I learned about "tension screws" by reading about Aero lowers. I would buy one—they seem like excellent quality—but this being my first AR build, I figured PSA upper+lower would be a convenient, inexpensive way to (pretty much) guarantee correct mating.

Over size PSA take down pins turned to fit makes them tight.
    Noob AR question: Are you saying PSA pins are oversized in general? Or are you saying PSA also makes special oversized pins that can be turned down to fit Aero lower receivers (which require slightly larger diameter pins...?)? Bear with me. I'm new around here. =]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I have had dozens of psa lowers without a problem. They were no better or worse then lowers from other more reputable plans. None of them have tensioning screws.

Soli Deo Gloria
    That's what my recent research indicates (see the link in my post #19).

Thanks for confirmation, and amen: SOLI DEO GLORIA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I agree that an excessive amount of play is annoying, but the tension screw is just another unneeded fastener that could move/come loose. And if you remove it, it's an open access for debris. It's just not needed.
    I'm hoping a drop of blue LocTite will resolve both issues. And based on my limited AR knowledge, crud entering through the pistol grip seems like the least of my crud concerns. =D I'm used to gas pistons wherein carbon is mostly contained at the piston face. Gonna have to get used to this AR direct impingment system and all the fouling in upper and lower receivers.

And I don't know of any issues with PSA lowers. The should be machined to spec.
    I appreciate the clarity.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm sure the lock tight will be fine.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I'm sure the lock tight will be fine.
    Thanks, and I agree with your signature line as appears at the tail end of your posts. A lot of people are wasting a LOT of money. =D

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    This one of things that will automatic rule out a lower for me. The other "improvement" I hate and will not own are the retarded lowers with a threaded bolt catch pin. F' that crap, learn how to build and buy the correct tools. "Improvements" my ass.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I've had a couple Aero Precision lowers, but wasn't crazy about the tensioning screw that you had to adjust. When the Sig M400 first came out, it had a tensioning plunger, as mine did. McMaster-Carr has the tensioning plunger that works really well. I know there is no accuracy benefit.

https://www.mcmaster.com/stainless-s...d-size~1-4-28/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SearchMe View Post
    Thanks, and I agree with your signature line as appears at the tail end of your posts. A lot of people are wasting a LOT of money. =D
    Quoted one of our sage members here!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Noob AR question: Are you saying PSA pins are oversized in general? Or are you saying PSA also makes special oversized pins that can be turned down to fit Aero lower receivers (which require slightly larger diameter pins...?)? Bear with me. I'm new around here. =]
    The take down pin I got in a PSA LPK about 5 years ago was out of spec at 0.258"
    There wasn't any LPK's in town and I didn't feel like waiting on one so I chucked it up in a drill and turned it down with a small file untill it fit.
    Now I just avoid all that and get a BCM LPK.

Feedback Score
    The take down pin I got in a PSA LPK about 5 years ago was out of spec at 0.258"
    There wasn't any LPK's in town and I didn't feel like waiting on one so I chucked it up in a drill and turned it down with a small file untill it fit.
    Now I just avoid all that and get a BCM LPK.
    PSA has a big following on TOS (big shocker). It's getting to the point where you will be laughed off the forum if you bring up any of PSA's issues. But the reality is that their parts are questionable. Stripped lowers and uppers from them are likely fine, as even current Anderson's seem to be fine for the most part. Where PSA's quality really suffers is in their assembly and QC.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast