Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your experience on T2 Offset

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Question - can you close either eye independently, i.e. wink? I can only close my non-dominant eye. I also virtually always shoot with both eyes open. Maybe I have Downs syndrome.

Andy
    Well, you are in Alabama........

Have you tried to patch your dominate eye? It could just simply be that you never did it and did not develop the muscles that would allow you to do it.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The point is that phoria is not an uncommon issue. Guesses on the prevalence of phoria are as high as 50%; even lower ranges are usually over 20%. If a quarter to half of the population doesn't work well for occluded eye/BAC, then I don't think it's proper to call the use of offset/piggyback RDSes as gimmicks just because an alternative method works for you.

As Leuba said in the linked thread:

If a quarter to half of the population is Obese does that make it right? 42% of the US Population is Obese, while about 30.7% are overweight. Overall, more than two-thirds of U.S. adults in the United States are overweight or have obesity. . So does that mean fat people are doing it right because they are 2/3 of the population? If that is the case then I am glad to be in the minority doing the right thing.

As I said, it is a gimmick that 3 Gun people started about 20 years ago...... If you are not physically able to do it the proper way then you need to do whatever it takes to allow you to achieve the goal. If you are physically able to to it the proper way, and CHOOSE to do some weird stuff then it is a Gimmick. I am using the correct method. The Alt Method is the "gimmick".

I am not attacking you, I am simply stating how it should be done and if for some reason you are not physically capable of doing it the correct way then the ALT Method is fine. But don't say that the Alt Method is the correct way to do something because you can't do it the other way. I can use both methods and I have been trained and understand the value of the proper way.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    After trying many different LPVO scope mounts brands and heights and red dot placement locations, what works as the best compromise *for me*, is a Badger 1.700" scope mount and their 1.930" 35 degree J-Arm offset red dot mount. I run a Kahles K16i G4B scope with a offset Aimpoint ACRO. The ACRO is tucked in nice and easily clears the scopes windage turret for a full view and when rotating the rifle I still have a decent cheek weld but with just a little more heads up sighting position. Below are a few links with more info on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hpJQcX28W0&t=14s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wglr...NldCByZWQgZG90
    Last edited by Biggy; 05-27-23 at 10:27.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    After trying many different LPVO scope mounts brands and heights and red dot placement locations, what works as the best compromise *for me*, is a Badger 1.700" scope mount and their 1.930" 35 degree J-Arm offset red dot mount. I run a Kahles K16i G4B scope with a offset Aimpoint ACRO. The ACRO is tucked in nice and easily clears the scopes windage turret for a full view and when rotating the rifle I still have a decent cheek weld but with just a little more heads up sighting position. Below are a few links with more info on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hpJQcX28W0&t=14s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wglr...NldCByZWQgZG90
    Does the resulting geometry with that mount and j-arm put the optic "over-bore"? It seems like it would be off. Just curious if you have noticed any issues with that. Did you choose that combo to deal with turret clearance? Why not the 1.70 J-arm with the 1.70 scope mount?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Any type of Mini Reflex sight, either 12 O'Clock or 45 offset does nothing for up close aiming. It is a gimmick.
    Specifically as a backup? or do you mean that even as a primary optic a mini reflex sight is a gimmick?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanford02 View Post
    Specifically as a backup? or do you mean that even as a primary optic a mini reflex sight is a gimmick?
    Having a Mini Reflex sight with another optic for "close up targets" is a gimmick. Having a Mini Reflex sight at the 12 o'clock for passive night vision shooting is light.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234