Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your experience on T2 Offset

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    It is the same concept of putting a PVS-14 on your NON-Dominate eye and using a reflex sight on your Dominate eye. Your Brain will "blend" the image and you will see the recital on the target and in Night Vision.
    But this is partly why I would say that a Reflex sight is not a gimmick, because you now have an optic you can utilize with night vision other than utilizing a laser, which I would guess as more and more people will have as the years go on. I'm sure that training would make it much quicker on a 3.6-18x, but at the same time wouldn't that also apply to a offset dot? Knowing that you can switch between 4,6, or 8x and 1x with minimum head movement and more peripheral view on a red dot then on your 18x.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    There is definitely a mount for that. Repitila probably has a solution, but I have seen many a Piggy back on a 2-10x Trijicon Credo. Not saying it will work perfectly with a HPVO like your nice NF NX8 but most likely someone has thought of a solution.
    Wouldn't it be cartoonishly high?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Molon showed that this is not necessarily a viable technique, given that everyone's eyes are different, and phoria can cause serious shift in perceived POA/POI, with a serious degradation of both accuracy and precision. See: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...d-Eye-Gunsight; several other posters in that thread, including folks like Leuba, Santoro, MM, etc. also noted this issue.

Might work okay if you're just trying to hit an IPSC at close range, but if you need any kind of precise hit, you'll have to make sure that your eyes are built for it. While this method can work quite well for some folks, for others it seems like it's not particularly viable.
    Down syndrome also causes issues with shooting well.........

I am not talking about people that have issues. Just normal people. If you are missing your left eye then you also can't do this. ....... Come on man..... I know it is the internet, but it doesn't mean that you have to base everything on the exception instead of the Norm.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    No, I have that exact same set up and it is fine. I will take some pic and post them.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    But this is partly why I would say that a Reflex sight is not a gimmick, because you now have an optic you can utilize with night vision other than utilizing a laser, which I would guess as more and more people will have as the years go on. I'm sure that training would make it much quicker on a 3.6-18x, but at the same time wouldn't that also apply to a offset dot? Knowing that you can switch between 4,6, or 8x and 1x with minimum head movement and more peripheral view on a red dot then on your 18x.

I know, I agree with that..... at the 12 O'clok position it is great...... for passive NVG shooting. I do not even turn on my RMRs during daylight unless I am zeroing them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Yes, but it works. Not trying to deny the downsides, just saying that this is the trade off.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I know, I agree with that..... at the 12 O'clok position it is great...... for passive NVG shooting. I do not even turn on my RMRs during daylight unless I am zeroing them.
    Totally agree, I just find them also decent for 50-75 yards and in as well, you probably have more experience then I do, but I really like that Donut reticle on my 509T for quick acquisition, verse a busy Christmas tree reticle on 8+x for quick work.

Feedback Score
    Down syndrome also causes issues with shooting well.........

I am not talking about people that have issues. Just normal people. If you are missing your left eye then you also can't do this. ....... Come on man..... I know it is the internet, but it doesn't mean that you have to base everything on the exception instead of the Norm.
    The point is that phoria is not an uncommon issue. Guesses on the prevalence of phoria are as high as 50%; even lower ranges are usually over 20%. If a quarter to half of the population doesn't work well for occluded eye/BAC, then I don't think it's proper to call the use of offset/piggyback RDSes as gimmicks just because an alternative method works for you.

As Leuba said in the linked thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I have never recommended the use of the ACOG as an OEG, mostly because of this distinct shift we see in about 50% of shooters to varying degrees and distances of effect. I use the OEG technique only as a method to get the shooters into shooting with both eyes open.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 05-27-23 at 00:26.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Question - can you close either eye independently, i.e. wink? I can only close my non-dominant eye. I also virtually always shoot with both eyes open. Maybe I have Downs syndrome.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Many times you will find the front lens cover closed on my Aimpoints, when going from low light inside to outside in the bright sun, I never have to adjust brightness of the dot, it always looks the same. Both eyes open of course.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast