45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ain't nothing wrong with that.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is bcm still doing "one time barrel replacement" as an option?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    What is the purpose of this build? Are you looking for an ultralight gun? How many ARs do you have/have you built?

I like lighter weight barrels because I don't the need a H-Bar or SOCOM profile for my volume of shooting. My first and favorite AR has a light weight 16" midlength BCM barrel and is nice to handle and carry with an RDS, light, and sling. My "general purpose" build has a lightweight continuous taper (similar to BCM ELW or BA Hanson) profile and a 1-4 optic. It's not as light (scopes are heavy) but it's OK.

Unless you already have 16" guns and are looking for something different; it really is a good barrel length. There are a lot of quality barrels to choose from, you can swap muzzle devices, gas blocks, etc at will, and the 1.5" in extra length is barely noticeable.

I personally would put a thread protector on a 16" barrel before I ran a 14.5 with a permanent brake.

Andy

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I like lighter weight barrels because I don't the need a H-Bar or SOCOM profile for my volume of shooting.
    I really don't shoot high volume either. But I like overkill/over engineering. I'll always error on the heavy side for any barrel selection.

I personally would put a thread protector on a 16" barrel before I ran a 14.5 with a permanent brake.

Andy
    I've cut off several permed brakes when I/we could no longer stand them.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Ain't nothing wrong with that.
    Yeah really can’t complain. I usually only shoot groups with an SD-E and I had several more Gucci guns out last weekend, with SD-Es, and I wasn’t able to shoot any of them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought the POS Markm was ripping on. It was shooting plate sized groups and I sent it back into Faxon and they said it had 10,000 rounds on it. It didn't have 100 rounds probably.

I own the BCM ELW 14.5 upper and it shoots much better. Getting ready to tame it a little with a BRT tube because the mini 4 can makes it run hot.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-04-23 at 19:52.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I bought the POS Markm was ripping on. It was shooting plate sized groups and I sent it back into Faxon and they said it had 10,000 rounds on it. It didn't have 100 rounds probably.

I own the BCM ELW 14.5 upper and it shoots much better. Getting ready to tame it a little with a BRT tube because the mini 4 can makes it run hot.

PB
    Had it been a SOLGW with 10,000 rounds they would have replaced it.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    For what it is worth I run a 14.7 BA Modern Series Pencil barrel on my AR15. It has somewhere north of 10,000 rounds on it. When I hit 10,000 a few years ago I stopped counting. I have used the rifle for duty use since 2018ish. Still shoots .223 Hornady TAP Urban (55 gn VMax) sub MOA. The spreads do open up after a few mag dumps but not enough to effect it enough at 100 yards for me to care.

I attached a photo of it from 2018...its basically the same...just a different stock and optic now....and a bunch of daily wear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TomPenguin5145; 04-05-23 at 04:42.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Had it been a SOLGW with 10,000 rounds they would have replaced it.
    I regret not getting any SOLGW kit. I’ve heard nothing but good things yet I’ve kinda stayed in my comfort zone. Good to know there is another top tier option.

PB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    I have the 11.5 ELW-F?? I think that's it. I have a Sandman K and installed the BRT and VLTOR A5 kit. I freaking love how that gun shoots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast