Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stock/Buffer Tube Issue

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Stock/Buffer Tube Issue

I have a V Seven 2055 Carbine Buffer Tube and a Magpul ACS-L Mil-Spec stock. The stock does not stop at the end of the buffer tube, it pulls right off. Both are milspec so that shouldn’t be the reason. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Would you post a picture of the underside of the bare buffer tube, please? Might go a long way towards getting you an accurate answer.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Many of the new buffer tubes (Vltor A5) are longer than a carbine stock tube. They stock doesn't cover the entire tube. And they make a 5 position and 7 position tubes, the 7 isn't covered by the stock completely.

The longer tube is supposed to match the middle ground between carbine and rifle making the gun run smoother and more reliable than a carbine gun.

At least that is part of the equation for the A5 systems. Yours may well be the same.

Let's see a pic with stock on and collapsed all the way and see if its what I am talking about.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-04-23 at 19:46.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve never seen a milspec receiver extension that looks like that. Have you tried the stock on an actual “milspec” RE?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think he is referring to mil spec vs commercial tubes.
    I could be wrong.
    PB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don’t know what a link to the product does for the discussion. They can claim whatever they want, but those odd cutouts make me question their claims. Here’s what a milspec RE looks like.

The one pictured and linked to clearly had some unnecessary aftermarket voodoo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I think he is referring to mil spec vs commercial tubes.
    I could be wrong.
    PB
    Could be or it could be an instance of manufactures making claims about “milspec”.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Could be or it could be an instance of manufactures making claims about “milspec”.
    I think they're referring to the diameter of the tube being "milspec" for the purpose of fitting the correct stock. Not that I see that many "commercial" spec stocks or buffer tubes these days compared to the 90s and 2000s.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast