Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone try the NEW AAC 77 grain OTM ammo?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Anyone try the NEW AAC 77 grain OTM ammo?

Has anyone tried this ammo yet? If so, what did you think of it?

At 55 cents a round, I think AAC could seriously plant their flag on this as proof of them being serious. I'm not sure if they will keep this price, or if its just an intro, but if they were able to keep it this low, AND if it shot decently (wouldn't need to be perfect) along with decent gel ratings, they would start to carve a chunk of the ammo market for themselves.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/aac-...mmunition.html

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    There's a thread going in the ammo/reloading forum. We should be shooting some this weekend.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Interesting, I just bought a bunch of IMI 77gr that shoots great, but it’s more expensive. I’ve stayed away from the S&B 77gr because it’s not the SMK bullet. But this AAC stuff is even cheaper. Might switch over to it.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I have used it. I would say that it is just as good as the IMI 77 gr stuff out there. I was getting Sub MOA with a SS Noveske barrel at 200 yards. For the price it is great training ammo.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wonder if the price will stay the same when back in stock.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I wonder if the price will stay the same when back in stock.
    I was doing a search and threads from the other place came up. The PSA/ AAC guys were talking like that would be the standard price, at least for awhile. I have 200 rounds of it coming, I'll see how it is before I order any more.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hard to screw up a 77 gr SMK. One of my buddies wanted to buy 5K rounds and never load .223 again.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Not a master shot, but a few weekends ago, IWI 77gr RazorCore shot a little better for me.

I was at a long range class over the weekend, and the instructor mentioned the AAC favorably based on recent observation.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I was recently looking for a 77gr option and was about to get the IMI when I saw the S&B. All but one of my uppers were disappointing with that round so I’ll buy some of this to try before just getting the IMI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a couple hundred of the S&B 77 gr to try out.
    Just ordered 200 of the AAC, 55¢ a pop isn't bad at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast