Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Review of chaotic Afghan withdrawal blames...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Review of chaotic Afghan withdrawal blames...

Trump of course. Un f-ing believable. It's based on intel they will not release and written by the WH, it's nothing but pure propaganda to deflect blame from Biden. "...Biden followed military commanders’ recommendations" not from what I have read/heard. If true, then those who advised him suck at their job as a dumb civi like me sitting in my house thousands of miles away could have told them their approach was idiotic and would end very badly:

Biden review of chaotic Afghan withdrawal blames Trump

WASHINGTON (AP) — A U.S. review led by the National Security Council of the chaotic 2021 withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan largely lays the blame on former President Donald Trump, saying President Joe Biden was “severely constrained” by the decisions of his predecessor.

The White House on Thursday publicly released a 12-page summary of the results of the so-called “ hotwash ” of U.S. policies around the ending of the nation’s longest war, taking little responsibility for its own actions during some of the darkest moments of Biden’s presidency.

The administration said most of the after-action reviews, which were transmitted privately to Congress on Thursday, were highly classified and would not be released publicly.

“President Biden’s choices for how to execute a withdrawal from Afghanistan were severely constrained by conditions created by his predecessor,” the White House summary states, noting that when Biden entered office, “the Taliban were in the strongest military position that they had been in since 2001, controlling or contesting nearly half of the country.”

The report does fault overly optimistic intelligence community assessments about the Afghan army’s willingness to fight, and says Biden followed military commanders’ recommendations for the pacing of the drawdown of U.S. forces.

cont: https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...7d9100011653c7
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Maybe they'll prosecute Trump for war crime !

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    For anyone not in the know, the NSC is the President, VP, and primarily top members of the President's Cabinet. Zero chance this "investigation" was going to conclude that they themselves made any errors or have any culpability whatsoever. "NSC find fault with the NSC and lays the blame on the NSC" is never gonna be a headline. Ever.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden’s administration on Thursday laid the blame on his predecessor, President Donald Trump, for the deadly and chaotic 2021 withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan that brought about some of the darkest moments of Biden’s presidency.
    “President Biden’s choices for how to execute a withdrawal from Afghanistan were severely constrained by conditions created by his predecessor,” the White House summary states, noting that when Biden entered office, “the Taliban were in the strongest military position that they had been in since 2001, controlling or contesting nearly half of the country.”

The falacy of this is, WTF was Biden doing right up until it was time to leave?
    They had a plan to leave, like "Get People on Jets and fly out." They had no plan for weapons, Allies, vehicles, ammunition, or weapons systems ever leaving, they had NO Plan for that.

Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    For anyone not in the know, the NSC is the President, VP, and primarily top members of the President's Cabinet. Zero chance this "investigation" was going to conclude that they themselves made any errors or have any culpability whatsoever. "NSC find fault with the NSC and lays the blame on the NSC" is never gonna be a headline. Ever.
    Well they are all convinced Joe's a smart guy afterall.
    Even these guys aren't falling for that anymore.
    Last edited by Averageman; 04-06-23 at 16:22.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

And No, he didn't. He went with what his "Civillian" Cabient told him would work.
    Then natuarally when they are reviewed, they review themselves and see no issues.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I watched Kirby defend the fiasco today. Made me want to puke.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is what you get when the Boss is incapacitated and there are a bunch of "Gee Whiz Macnamara" types handing out advice.
    The audacity to give themselves passing grades is what kills me.

Feedback Score
    Averageman has got it. Here is the report in a nutshell:

"We reviewed our decisions, and we discovered that we are really super-duper smart. Obviously this was Trumps fault, and the Afghan government, and the Taliban, and basically everybody BUT us. Cause we are really super-duper smart. Don't forget, if Barack had listened to Joe we never would have gone after UBL and then we could have worked this all out with him. Did we mention that we are really super-duper smart? This is all way over your head anyway. Maybe we will have to send Kamala out to explain our findings to you. She can get us ice cream while she is out."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    This is what you get when the Boss is incapacitated and there are a bunch of "Gee Whiz Macnamara" types handing out advice.
    The audacity to give themselves passing grades is what kills me.
    But it's even worse then that. As I quoted above "...Biden followed military commanders’ recommendations"

Not what I'd read, but which commanders where those and why are they not kicked to the f-ing curb yet? Any of them step up and claim that was their recommendation?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    “We have investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong. It was Trump’s fault.” Should I make my Scooby Doo surprised face?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast