Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do short "K" style cans have less back pressure than full-size?

Feedback Score
    The huxwrks cans are pretty good.
    They are effective at keeping blowback down in my limited experience with one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I thought no supersonic 5.56 suppressors were ear-safe for sustained use like training. Am I wrong, behind-the-times, or just care more about my hearing than you?
    A tuned 18” AR with a good suppressor is probably ok for sustained use in ideal conditions. I am more cautious, like you. Even terrain can make a seemingly quiet .22lr loud. And I’d probably never consider a 10.3” to 14.5” AR as safe. I do however consider my bolt .223 and bolt 6.5 guns as comfortable to shoot without ear pro.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I thought no supersonic 5.56 suppressors were ear-safe for sustained use like training. Am I wrong, behind-the-times, or just care more about my hearing than you?
    It's kind of like hammering a nail, mowing the lawn, etc. Do we wear ear protection for that? No... but in reality, it's probably the correct thing to do. If I have a set up that hurt my ears/ringing... then the the whole set up is worthless.

Shooting a suppressed AR with ear pro on is nonsense. I fukking HATE running cans on gas guns with a passion as it is. So if I need ears anyway, then it's fully RETARDED.
    Last edited by markm; 04-13-23 at 11:07.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The Dead Air and YHM K type cans with changeable thread adapters are my favorites. I think Pappabear said he wished he had all Dead Air direct threads. They're light and as quiet as the humongous 30 cal cans with twice the baffles.
    Do you mean the "Xeno" mounts similar to how GA or TB mounts are threaded on?

Feedback Score
    It's kind of like hammering a nail, mowing the lawn, etc. Do we wear ear protection for that? No... but in reality, it's probably the correct thing to do. If I have a set up that hurt my ears/ringing... then the the whole set up is worthless.

Shooting a suppressed AR with ear pro on is nonsense. I fukking HATE running cans on gas guns with a passion as it is. So if I need ears anyway, then it's fully RETARDED.
    Yeah, i definately wear earpro while mowing and hammering. I ussually wire music through them too.

Feedback Score

If it means you can shoot on a property and not get noise complaints / upset a neighbor, it's still worth it IMO.

I've ordered a K can for my T7 because where I usually shoot rifles now there is an overhang and even with a sound-thrower on it and double ear pro I still got some ringing. It's possible I had a plug come out a little, too.

But that convinced me to can it.

As well as not annoying neighbors / buddy's neighbors, etc.
    Last edited by Ron3; 04-13-23 at 12:01.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Yeah, i definately wear earpro while mowing and hammering. I ussually wire music through them too.
    I wish I'd have taken better care of my hearing over the years... concerts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    If it means you can shoot on a property and not get noise complaints / upset a neighbor, it's still worth it IMO.
    That's valid. I know I'm in the minority on gas gun can hate.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I prefer an overboard can every time. If I'm shooting 556 I'm fine shooting a 30 cal can and getting fine sound reduction and lower back pressure. My 6.5 guns always get a 30 cal cans. I find its funny people go out and buy a 6.5 can to improve.....nada IMHO.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I heard or read that Kevin from the old AAC was very much about matching Caliber to Can. I'm now sure why because the over-bored cans work great and leave room to avoid baffle damage/strikes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I prefer an overboard can every time. If I'm shooting 556 I'm fine shooting a 30 cal can and getting fine sound reduction and lower back pressure. My 6.5 guns always get a 30 cal cans. I find its funny people go out and buy a 6.5 can to improve.....nada IMHO.

PB
    Is this the same for 9x19 in a .45 can?

I've heard it's not from a buddy with personal experience with that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast