Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not enough ammo for Taiwan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Taiwan can use their Wolf Gold on the Chicoms. Leave our ammo supply alone

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The more I look at it the less it makes sense. They’ll make noise, try to bully them, but invade? They really want it for the chip plants. We won’t let them have the chip plants or the engineers. So, they take an island and every one else in the area either starts buddying up or going nuke. For what exactly are the Chinese trying to do?

The Chinese would be better off saying that Japan is trying to take Asian Russia and to protect it, they’ll station their troops there…

If the Chi-coms invade, it’s a sign that their internal politics are COMPLETELY gone off the rails.

And Taiwan needs Shells? Like what have they been doing for over half a century, knowing that they are on an island and can’t be resupplied easily?
    Nutty dictators do stupid stuff. So it is certainly possible. But personally, I highly doubt it. It will ruin China and gain them nothing but a ruined island and no access to western markets.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I think the Pentagon is (wisely) using this as an excuse to go on a spending spree. There is no question that the late 90s "peace dividend" was penny wise, pound foolish.
    Exactly. If anything, the current shortage of munitions can prove to be a good thing in the long run. We've ramped up production of weapons that haven't been seriously looked at since the 80s, meaning we'll be getting newer, and (hopefully better) weapons to replace our immediate post-Cold War stocks. I doubt this will impact small arms ammunition supply all that much in the grand scheme of things. Ukraine and the build up of the 6.8x51 stockpile likely are contributing to higher prices and the near absence of large rifle primers on the market, but I doubt they're the only reasons. We should also remember that literally every time a Federal agency or organization talks about ammo purchases, someone out there makes the claim that they're doing so solely to keep that ammo off the market.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Probably the best opportunity China has if they wanted to attempt to take that island as the US et al are distracted low on some toys , but unlike Putin, smart enough to understand even if successful (doubtful...), the juice not worth the squeeze in terms of the economic and political fallout.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    While I hope it doesn't happen, our "small arms" ammo, as in 5.56 and 7.62 isn't being given to Ukraine......at least nowhere near the scale of our bigger land-based systems. That could be an issue in a ground war.

But....

Any conflict with China over Taiwan would be a Navy (first) and Air Force (secondarily) responsibility. Doubt many land forces would be needed; we aren't going to invade China and they are not going to invade us. I also highly doubt we would put troops on Taiwan proper. We will make our stand in the air and waters surrounding Taiwan. Therefore the question would be how many naval and USAF weapons do we have left?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    While I hope it doesn't happen, our "small arms" ammo, as in 5.56 and 7.62 isn't being given to Ukraine......at least nowhere near the scale of our bigger land-based systems. That could be an issue in a ground war.

But....

Any conflict with China over Taiwan would be a Navy (first) and Air Force (secondarily) responsibility. Doubt many land forces would be needed; we aren't going to invade China and they are not going to invade us. I also highly doubt we would put troops on Taiwan proper. We will make our stand in the air and waters surrounding Taiwan. Therefore the question would be how many naval and USAF weapons do we have left?
    Open source wargame that discusses these issues:

https://www.csis.org/analysis/first-...nvasion-taiwan
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    The newly leaked top secret documents reveal that Ukraine is in dire straights for ammunition and nobody is delivering. They also reveal the lies from the sec def about the casualties and kill ratios. In short Ukraine cannot win period.

Taiwan now knows the US cannot protect them from China. At least not the current idiots in office.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I will sell them some of mine for $2 a round
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    China will take Taiwan before the 2024 election.
    I 100% agree, and if I had to bet, I would say brain dead Joe Biden will do nothing or if he does we will loose the battle for Taiwan. With everything China makes for us, plus Biden cutting and squandering our oil supply and how divided our Country is, this is absolutely the most dangerous time in our Country’s history since Wll .by far.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Probably the best opportunity China has if they wanted to attempt to take that island as the US et al are distracted low on some toys , but unlike Putin, smart enough to understand even if successful (doubtful...), the juice not worth the squeeze in terms of the economic and political fallout.
    Like the political fallout from when they released the Rona on us, ohh wait...

Well, How about like the fallout after they sailed the spy balloon over us, ohh wait again...

Well, How about the smack down we put on them for flat ignoring our Russia 'sanctions'!

We ain't gonna do chit... Except buy more china junk!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast