Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We're Screwed ... Russian Thinks USA Will "Disintegrate" in 2010

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    years ago, when i actually had no responsibilities and nothing to do most of the day, i wrote a few short stories based upon a US dissolution. having just gotten out of the Army, they focused mainly on the troops we have stationed in horrible places, and the natural problems with being a foreign soldier in a foreign land without a country and no great option for getting "home."

my characters were pretty much screwed.. no contact with their families, little word of what was actually happening in the former USA.. a couple made it out and made it home, by the skin of their teeth and with a trail of blood and fallen comrades.. but most were too busy trying to stay alive to engage any real plan of escaping- our forces having divided, units mostly sticking together and becoming their own factions, and now competing for survival against and with islam, and each other.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh crap. I have to buy more ammo and start building my bunker!!

They wish.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilson View Post
    Isn't this how Enemies F&D turns out?

I honestly don't think it's that unreasonable of a prediction right now...
    And it starts when they found a dead guy with an old bolt action rifle with a scope mounted cockeyed that was used to shoot spectators at a pro football game in the Baltimore/DC area.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    Oh crap. I have to buy more ammo and start building my bunker!!

They wish.

got any extra room in there for me, buddy ole pal?
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    kind of like what happened to the Soviet union? I think I'll move to texas. They beat Mexico before, i think they can do it again.

ToddG Guest
    In Russia, stupid ideas have you!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Blah....not that hard to imagine us falling apart these days. To think that China will be the bigger influence in AZ and SoCal, over Mexico? Doubtful. I'd shift the blue zone two states to the West. Mexico can't even handle their own business these days, and I dont see that improving, so I'd call it more of a cultural influence than political one though. It'd be the really wild, wild west I'm afraid.

Maybe NorCal and the NW could get Asian influence, assuming they set up their own gov't and it was propped up by China. I don't see China needing or wanting to do anything militarily, just puppeteering behind the scenes. I think that as a country, while they'd like to see the US go down, they'd rather US stay a single bloated beauracracy full of consumers for cheap goods than to break apart. They may want to usurp our position of power globablly but they've become linked to our fate somewhat.

The middle US going Canadian...perhaps. Canada is is the best candidate for just up and joining based on similarities and borders but is Canada sufficiently isolated from US economic problems to be in a position to do anything here, or to support a portion of the former US?

The east cost may have a good chance of reorganizing and forming a gov't but they population density there could mean things will get out of control much faster than any organization could occur. It would need direct, immediate outside
    influence to avoid complete collapse especially in the densest parts like NYC.

Bottom line to me: under these circumstances, it won't matter too much who is officially in control because the reality will be that no one is in control of much of anything.

Oh and this whole thing is just silly. Fun for doomsday wargaming, beyond that, just tinfoil.

Sorta
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    i'll be in the Empty Quarter if anybody needs me
    Me too.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I have trouble seeing Idaho and Utah going with the Kalifornia group, plus alot of Northern NV. Vegas though, we're already a damn suburb of LA.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No big deal even if it does come true cause were all gonna die in 2012 anyways.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast