Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 62gr M855 or 55gr M193: Must choose ONE or THE OTHER for 16" bbl 1:7 twist

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    The earth is flat. Google it.

The moon landings were fake. Google it.

MI5 killed Princess Diana. Google it.

That's not the best form of evidence to prove a fact . . . .
    What you wont find on google is a video of flat Earth, M15 killing Diana or a fake moonlanding. What you will find is 100s of videos of m193 tests.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    What you wont find on google is a video of flat Earth, M15 killing Diana or a fake moonlanding. What you will find is 100s of videos of m193 tests.
    No, I see a whole lot of people shooting huge blocks of ballistic gel. Ballistic gel is not a living body and does not always accurately correspond to real world wounds.

People forget that ballistic gel was never intended to accurately model wounds in animals or people, but to provide a uniform and repeatable target so different bullets can be compared. When you study gel impacts what you can say is: "Bullet A expands/tumbles/fragments better than Bullet B, and therefore with probably be more effective." What you cannot say is "When Bullet A hits it will make a 2 inch wide wound channel." Too many variables inside a living animal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ballistic gel is not a living body and does not always accurately correspond to real world wounds.

People forget that ballistic gel was never intended to accurately model wounds in animals or people, but to provide a uniform and repeatable target so different bullets can be compared.
    It’s a shame that you even need to mention the above, but it is something that probably needs to be brought up on a regular basis. Every clown in the world is out shooting pine, water jugs, gel, beef jerky and elves while trying to talk like a pro about what something means for bullet construction and terminal performance when they have no actual knowledge or foundation in the matter.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No, I see a whole lot of people shooting huge blocks of ballistic gel. Ballistic gel is not a living body and does not always accurately correspond to real world wounds.
    People live by that shit. I quit looking in the "Terminal Ballistic" forum here because is was full of booger eaters who were beaten for coloring outside the lines. I literally will not click on an interesting thread title if it's in that forum.
    Last edited by markm; 06-09-23 at 09:00.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How is this thread still going?

Question was answered in the first page.

It was a dumb question to begin with.

Neither is an ideal round, it would be better to have a couple hundred rounds of good ammo for serious use. For range use who cares? Buy whatever is cheaper.

You can't even buy real M193

Thread went off topic pages ago, let it die.
    Last edited by kirkland; 06-09-23 at 09:18.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    How is this thread still going?
    I keep clicking on it to see why a 1993 topic generates so much activity.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It’s a shame that you even need to mention the above, but it is something that probably needs to be brought up on a regular basis. Every clown in the world is out shooting pine, water jugs, gel, beef jerky and elves while trying to talk like a pro about what something means for bullet construction and terminal performance when they have no actual knowledge or foundation in the matter.
    We all know its different than shooting folks. But here its illegal to shoot healthy folks.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    We all know its different than shooting folks. But here its illegal to shoot healthy folks.
    Its not illegal to shoot corpses, we've done that before, especially checking how well helmets function when impacted by bullets.

More people need to donate their bodies to "science"!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Thats why I posted Fackler's physician's documentation of what happens when a live soldier gets accidentally shot with M193 in the leg, 11 inches of muscle is far thicker and more dense than most people's torsos making it the ideal medium for the bullet and it still didnt perform.

There's alot of this full retard posting going on lately on what is supposed to be a technical forum where we still get responses of "durr did you see on the internets that M193 blows limbs off hurr". But I guess the truth goes against people's mythos of the M193 when a soldier basically walks off a M193 hit to the leg. Hmm maybe there was as much BS in the 1960's like all that poison bullet non-sense with 5.45 as it was early 5.56 reports.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 06-09-23 at 15:13.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    What about Watermelon shooting by Gen Curtis Lemay on the 4th of July?

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast