Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 62gr M855 or 55gr M193: Must choose ONE or THE OTHER for 16" bbl 1:7 twist

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Thats why I posted Fackler's physician's documentation of what happens when a live soldier gets accidentally shot with M193 in the leg, 11 inches of muscle is far thicker and more dense than most people's torsos making it the ideal medium for the bullet and it still didnt perform.

There's alot of this full retard posting going on lately on what is supposed to be a technical forum where we still get responses of "durr did you see on the internets that M193 blows limbs off hurr". But I guess the truth goes against people's mythos of the M193 when a soldier basically walks off a M193 hit to the leg. Hmm maybe there was as much BS in the 1960's like all that poison bullet non-sense with 5.45 as it was early 5.56 reports.
    One story about the leg shot is so tiresome. Do you really believe a hi power round traveling at over 3000fps is non lethal or what ever you guys are trying to say. I just dont get it.
    Anyway your technical expertise is cool.
    Last edited by hotbiggun42; 06-09-23 at 16:22.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    One story about the leg shot is so tiresome. Do you really believe a hi power round traveling at over 3000fps is non lethal or what ever you guys are trying to say. I just dont get it.
    Are you sure it’s traveling at 3k FPS? What’re you shooting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    Thats exactly your problem. You don't get what we are trying to tell you.

We keep saying its a consistency issue yet you some how translate that to saying its a non-lethal round.

Why bother posting at all if your processor cant handle the data?
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 06-09-23 at 17:23.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Might not kill you, but…

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Might not kill you, but…

You know 36gr varmint grenade or 40gr Vmax will make that exact same wound. Would you suggest people use those rounds for duty/defense?
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 06-09-23 at 19:01.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    You know 36gr varmint grenade or 40gr Vmax will make that exact same wound. Would you suggest people use those rounds for duty/defense?
    I’m not going to make any recommendations. I have a couple mags of whatever Gold Dot I bought seven years ago for HD, and 77gr IMI split between a couple SBR’s and a precision carbine. My point, which your post confirms, is that anything coming out of an AR is going to be a bad day for someone in most situations.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I’m not going to make any recommendations. I have a couple mags of whatever Gold Dot I bought seven years ago for HD, and 77gr IMI split between a couple SBR’s and a precision carbine. My point, which your post confirms, is that anything coming out of an AR is going to be a bad day for someone in most situations.
    I don't get it, people make recommendations about getting a BCM or DD over the Bushmaster or Andersen gun all the time on the forum then when it comes to ammo people are all of a sudden taking the equivalent of "all ARs are the same quality". People end up stuffing which is essentially Bushmaster quality ammo into their mags with a 15% chance it won't work as intended. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Call me crazy but the AR is a system, if you are optimizing for a particular use or situation shouldnt ammo be part of the equation?

But hey, when was the last time someone was kilt in da streets because their Bushmaster failed, unlikely to happen right?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Might not kill you, but…

viscous_cb has a great point. I mean, if we followed St Kyle's (PBUH) example, we'd all be carrying DPMS rifles loaded with Tula. So yes, ball ammo is miles better than harsh words, but are we seriously debating whether it's as good as proper bonded ammo?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I keep clicking on it to see why a 1993 topic generates so much activity.
    LOL! Well, one thing I found interesting was someone posted a thread not too long ago. Last year? Where they compared some of the different XM193 type ammo brands that were available, and none of it was consistent with real M193. Different jacket thicknesses, slightly different bullet construction. Might have been a Molon thread. It definitely can't be counted on to behave like real M193. Prior to reading that, I had thought it was all pretty much the same.

Feedback Score
    M193 then get a 75/77gr otm

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast