Thread: Installed Taylor Tactical hammer/trigger spring kit and grip screw

Feedback Score

Installed Taylor Tactical hammer/trigger spring kit and grip screw

The kit went in great. It feels really nice.

While things were out, I polished all the shiny bits of the hammer and trigger. I just used a Dremel with a soft wool bit and some polishing compound at low speed. The pull and break is beautiful!

The main thing I was trying to help is the reset. It’s disgusting, and continues to be terrible. The reset happens every time as it should, but it is clunky and awful. Is there no hope for this GI trigger set? My son’s rifle, on the other hand, has a nice tactile click upon reset.

What contributes to having a nice reset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Not familiar with this trigger, but do they say you can polish the surfaces? Sometimes that can mess up the surface hardening, and you can end up with one of those Bill Wilson shit show triggers.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by handyrandyrc View Post
    What contributes to having a nice reset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The disconnector.

'A' points to where you would file at (straight down like the red line shows) to reduce the length of the reset.

You may want to mark the parts first so you can see how much engagement you have before you go about reducing it.

Last edited by DG23; 04-15-23 at 12:04.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the feedback!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by handyrandyrc View Post
    Thank you for the feedback!
    You can only go so far with the take up adjusting on that grip screw before you have to time your disconnector. They don't really mention that in their instructions. While an improvement (some adjusting is better than none) you can only go so far with that adjustment before you have to adjust elsewhere if you want to keep going.

Last edited by DG23; 04-16-23 at 12:01.