Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TISAS "Raider" 1911

Feedback Score

TISAS "Raider" 1911

Looks like Tisas' attempt at cloning the USMC's M45A1. Seems to be fairly close in appearance except for the non-matching Cerakote job. I've seen these around the Web for under $600, so seems like a decent buy for anyone looking for this type of clone. Of course, the markings would be way off as well. Reviews look to be favorable.

Talked to one buddy who's into 1911's about these. The color issue was a deal killer for him.

https://tisasusa.com/tisas-1911-raider-b45r/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks good. I've wanted a FDE tactical 1911 since I first heard of the Kimber Desert Warrior, and might have to pick up one if I find a decent deal.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The rail is off, the MARSOC M45s had a spec pic rail; looks like Tisas copied an older Colt 'Rail Gun' which first had the thinner type of rail before they all went to the spec pic rail.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    The rail is off, the MARSOC M45s had a spec pic rail; looks like Tisas copied an older Colt 'Rail Gun' which first had the thinner type of rail before they all went to the spec pic rail.

Yah, but the Tisas is also under $600 and apparently works OK...
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Yah, but the Tisas is also under $600 and apparently works OK...
    As are Glocks, which Raiders currently carry. Wouldn’t cover the RMRs, though.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    As are Glocks, which Raiders currently carry. Wouldn’t cover the RMRs, though.

And there it is. How the USMC convinced the gov't to pay for the M45 program, I'll never understand.

Great looking handgun. Great 1911. Also complete and utter waste of time, money, and resources just so some USMC types could have a Nineteen-Eleben for a couple of years.

Uber specialized units can get uber specialized weapons for whatever their funky mission need is.

Everyone else in SOCOM and the rest of DoD can get polymer SIGs and Glock in 9MM. Most of them don't even carry a handgun most of the time.

Feedback Score
    TISAS is pretty quick on their feet. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Gen 2 with updated features.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They have to be quick on their feet, we are so fickle !

Feedback Score
    "Special Ops" 1911's seem to be a popular theme:

https://milarmamentcorp.com/mac-1911-jsoc-45/

Feedback Score
    Recently purchased a Tisa 9mm 1911 from private seller, LNIB. Two mags ran fine, then every other shot was FTF/failure to extract, thought I was getting a deal for $300, it was an absolute pos.
    LGS gave me $275 in trade for a CZ 75B omega, so basically it was the cost of a rental gun (one way to rationalize it). Perhaps just a fluke, but will never buy any Turkish made firearm ever again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast